BECOME A MEMBER
LMA is "The Authority for Legal Marketing” and a membership with us means you’re serious about your growth as a legal marketing professional. As a member of LMA, you will receive many benefits, including professional development, networking opportunities, and access to empowering market research. Click here for membership rates.
Membership has Its Benefits
Shop Talk is an exclusive, invitation-only opportunity for senior members of the LMA Western Canada Region. Shop Talk is an informal gathering of senior members that follows a roundtable Q & A format followed by networking drinks. The events focus on non-legal marketing topics with the objective to broaden our knowledge on topics such as corporate finance, operations, human resources, IT, and industry.
Win a free registration to the current LMA International Conference plus travel expenses up to a total of CDN $2,000. The Incentive Winner will be announced at the Winter Social Event. The Incentive Winner does not need to be present to claim their prize.
Additional Member Benefits
- Learn and connect through events. LMA Western Canada runs a series of educational and social events throughout the year that provides a forum for continuing education, skills development, and networking. Some events are open to members only, including Shop Talk and our LMA Conference Debrief events.
- Save money – stretch your budget further!
- $500 discount on registration for the LMA Annual Conference (early bird registration)
- $200 savings on eLearning course registration
- $100 savings on Webinars and special conferences
- Discounted pricing for all LMA Western Canada events
- Free attendance at the Summer & Winter social events
- Stay current via a subscription to Strategies: The Journal of Legal Marketing. Enjoy this monthly journal featuring articles and columns written by seasoned LMA members, leading consultants, and other professional services marketing experts. Strategies keeps you up to date on shifts in the industry and cutting-edge developments in law firm marketing and management.
Enjoy full access to the LMA website including:
- LMA Member Directory that lets you connect with any LMA member worldwide
- LMA Resource Center – a fully searchable knowledge base featuring legal marketing's best ideas, practices, methods, articles and book reviews, templates and presentations
- LMA Job Bank – utilize this recruitment tool to find the best talent and roles
- LMA Connect – share files and participate in discussion forums. Access the collective experience and wisdom of LMA's 3,000 plus members.You can share ideas, explore new topics, and tackle the toughest issues facing legal marketers today
- Volunteer through Committees. As an LMA member, you have the opportunity to help shape the future of legal marketing through your involvement as a committee member. Please contact the LMA Western Canada Region President if you would like to become a LMA Western Canada committee member.
- Get recognized via the Awards Program. LMA members can submit their work to the Your Honour Awards and HELM Awards. These awards are open to LMA members only, and the senior level peer review process has become the industry standard to recognize and honour the accomplishments and exceptional work of legal marketing innovators.
- Increase profile through advertising and exhibiting. As an LMA member, you receive special discounts and placement opportunities to advertise in LMA publications and exhibit at the Annual Conference. Reach more than 3,000 legal marketing pacesetters in targeted communication opportunities available at a fraction of the cost of less focused placements.
- Moving Up. Moving Up is designed to assist the legal careers of its members and those considering a career in legal marketing. Led by seasoned marketing professionals, Moving Up offers personalized and confidential career advice to help jumpstart your legal marketing career or take it to the next level.
- Mentorship. Develop your career through mentorship with LMA Western Canada. Only LMA members can take advantage of our highly praised mentorship program, which connects local legal marketers with experienced mentors who can provide guidance, support, and career advice.