Domain: Business of Law
What is a rocket docket... reverse merger... qui tam plaintiff? As a legal marketer, you tell your lawyers that creating loyal relationships with clients requires an in-depth understanding of their clients’ businesses, industries, and objectives. Similarly, it is also imperative that legal marketers understand the business of the clients they serve— the lawyers. In this session, you’ll l learn how to be a strategic business developer and marketer, as well as fluent—or at least conversational—in the basics of litigation and corporate law. This practical, nuts-and-bolts session will give you the basics of litigation and corporate law.
- An overview of the state, federal, and appellate court systems
- The stages of litigation, including motion practice, mediation, arbitration, and trials
- Simplifying complicated—and common—terms and jargon, such as FCPA, FCA, and FLSA.
- Demystifying a court filing
- Understanding the different transaction types, from mergers and acquisitions to financings and capital markets
- The difference between private equity, hedge funds, venture capital, and other investment vehicles
- How to determine if a deal is marketable: Reviewing a deal press release for relevant information
- Tips on submitting to the transactional league tables
Carla Cogan, Director of Business Development, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips LLP
Robin Gerard, Chief Marketing Officer, Stradling Yocca Carlson & Rauth
This session includes video, audio and synced presentations for an enhanced virtual learning experience.