October 25, 2018 | 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Stephanie Richter, Senior Website and Digital Marketing Specialist at Thompson Coburn
Allison Spence, Digital Content Manager at Thompson Coburn
Creating a delicious firmwide content strategy is like opening a new restaurant: The “back of the house” (data/analytics/coding) and the “front of the house” (content/design/engagement) must work together seamlessly to prepare and serve up tasty content that is appetizing to business prospects and search engines alike. Pull up a chair with two experienced legal marketing “restaurateurs” who launched, and continue to maintain, a content-first website. Together we’ll reveal the most effective ways to get an important piece of content from field to table and, more importantly, generate the rave “reviews” that will prompt search engines to keep sending hungry customers your way.
In this presentation, we will cover:
- Why Google is the “Yelp” of legal content and how reader engagement can make or break your search rankings.
- Secrets of a fruitful collaboration between data marketers and content marketers, and the discussions you need to be having to whip up a delectable mix of content, data, and more content.
- Gleaming knives and spotless bathrooms: Why a meticulous approach to coding and website governance is fundamental to top-level search rankings.
- How to manage, encourage, and rein in your celebrity chefs — the attorney-authors whose content is the star attraction.
- 'Would you care to see the dessert menu?’ Are you doing enough to woo your readers and bring them deeper into your site?
Attendees will come away with:
- 5 questions to ask your attorney-authors before they start crafting their next great content dish.
- Tips on how to develop an SEO worksheet for your content creators
- The 3 SEO key performance indicators (KPIs) that should alert you when a piece of content is generating rave reviews.
Thompson Coburn LLP
One US Bank Plaza
St. Louis, Missouri 63101
Parking is on your own.
Lunch will be provided.
$25 LMA Members
$35 Non-Members and any registrations after October 19th
Note: You must be logged in to the LMA website to receive the member rate.
No Valid Registration Types [details]
About Our Presenters
Stephanie Richter is Senior Website and Digital Marketing Specialist for Thompson Coburn LLP. By managing the website across multiple departments utilizing an agile framework, she works closely with members of the firm's IT and communications departments as well as attorneys and firm leadership. Stephanie has built on this by creating the firm's data reporting program, developing succinct monthly and quarterly dashboards for decision-makers on website and content performance as well as the digital engagement of top clients. Prior to entering the legal field, she worked in the biotech and manufacturing industries focusing on digital and non-digital marketing. Stephanie has presented on content marketing to both legal and non-legal audiences and holds a B.S. in Marketing and Business Management from Northwest Missouri State University.
Allison Spence is Digital Content Manager for Thompson Coburn LLP, a 380-attorney firm with five offices across the country. She leads the firm’s web content strategy, including the management of a fleet of attorney-authors and bloggers, the writing and editing of compelling attorney bios, and the creation of original digital publications. She is also the architect of the firm’s social media strategy and leads frequent trainings on LinkedIn best practices. Before embarking on legal marketing, Allison was an award-winning journalist for legal and general publications. She earned a B.A. in Journalism from Drake University.
Credit card and direct debit payments are only available online. Credit cards and direct debit payments will not be accepted at the door.
Cash or checks made payable to "LMA Midwest Region" will be accepted at the door.
The deadline for registration is Friday, October 19, 2018.
Walk-ins and those who register after October 19 will be charged the non-member rate of $35.00.
LMA Midwest Region reserves the right to cancel the registration of any registrant with an outstanding balance.
Should you need to cancel your registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to October 19. According to LMA Midwest Region policy, all no-shows and cancellations after October 19 will be billed the full registration rate.