August 23, 2018 | 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Jared Applegate and Maggie Molloy
Many times potential change agents within firms have great ideas that go undeveloped because they are too complex in scope to implement--but it doesn’t have to be that way. In this session, attendees will learn how to achieve meaningful incremental change elements that make a difference, but don’t require them to boil the ocean.
Specific areas outlined will include:
- Pricing: proactively engaging partners to use AFAs successfully
- Profitability: leveraging matter/client profitability to evaluate new client opportunities and turnaround existing clients/matters.
- Technology: investigate operational and service delivery AI tools to define the landscape/ecosystem, documenting features and benefits to share with internal teams, lawyers and clients to help others conceptualize and navigate all the buzz
- LPM: introducing legal project management practices to increase client/partner awareness to aid in improving matter performance
- Client Value: initiate a conversation with a client on the impact the firm has delivered and what information would help them better monitor and evaluate firm performance
- Define simple projects that can be executed without substantial resources.
- Identify tactics to help achieve success in implementing these projects.
- Learn best practices from industry thought leaders who have accomplished change in their firms.
Barnes & Thornburg
11 South Meridian Street
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
Lunch will be provided.
$25 LMA Members
$35 Non-Members and any registrations after August 20
Note: You must be logged in to the LMA website to receive the member rate.
No Valid Registration Types [details]
About Our Presenters
Jared Applegate is director of pricing for Barnes & Thornburg and is responsible for managing the law firm’s portfolio of alternative fees, creating innovative and practical pricing solutions and improving firm economics. His role includes guiding, advising and educating attorneys and clients on the pricing of the firm’s legal services and developing and supporting training programs on legal project management and matter management, templates to assess profitability, and other related tools. Jared serves as co-creator of the firm's BT ValueWorks program, a suite of pricing, process and technology solutions that bring greater value, efficiency and predictability to the delivery of legal services. He continually provides market insight, competitive intelligence and innovative thinking to attorneys and clients on pricing strategies and related matter management solutions.
Maggie Molloy serves as Client Operations Manager for Barnes & Thornburg, where she works closely with attorneys and external clients in the management of ongoing client relationships and operations. She works with lawyers to not only teach them project management techniques, but to also actively help them manage matters more effectively. Maggie also oversees operational details for new matters, including collaboration with firm administrative departments, process improvement, adherence to outside counsel guidelines, legal project management, and value-added services. She is a former litigation partner weaving her vast experience in practice into her role to better serve attorneys and clients alike.
Credit card and direct debit payments are only available online. Credit cards and direct debit payments will not be accepted at the door.
Cash or checks made payable to "LMA Midwest Region" will be accepted at the door.
The deadline for registration is Monday, August 20, 2018.
Walk-ins and those who register after August 20 will be charged the non-member rate of $35.00.
LMA Midwest Region reserves the right to cancel the registration of any registrant with an outstanding balance..
Should you need to cancel your registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to August 20. According to LMA Midwest Region policy, all no-shows and cancellations after August 20 will be billed the full registration rate.