Welcome to LMA’s PR & Communications SIG. We’re glad you’re here!
This SIG is a resource for PR professionals and marketers who fulfill the public relations duties within their firms. Join your colleagues, those serving in-house roles and in agency settings, to collaborate, provide tips, share best practices, ask questions, and, as PR folks love to do, tell stories.
Regardless of how long you’ve practiced, or if you are simply interested in PR, this is YOUR SIG! We encourage you to be an active participant in the SIG and look forward to advancing the legal PR profession with you.
PR SIG Leaders
John Buchanan, Senior Communications Manager, Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
Erin West, Media Relations & Communications Manager, Dechert LLP
Check out what other SIGs and Regions are up to on the LMA Calendar!
Make sure to abide by our etiquette rules when using the discussion forums.
The Legal Marketing Association (LMA) welcomes and encourages participation in discussions about marketing, business development, client service, pricing, practice improvement, project management and communications within the legal profession; however, LMA reserves the right to remove inappropriate or offensive posts, along with those that may violate client privilege or inappropriately promote products or services. We ask you to use the following guidelines:
- Do not use offensive or hurtful language. Be respectful of other points of view, even if they differ from your own.
- Do not mention names of clients, firms or colleagues; rather, discuss scenarios generally.
- Refrain from posting self-promotional products or services.
- Please post any jobs in the jobs area or promotions in the promotions area.
- Self-promoting, pandering, abusive or sales-focused posts will result in a warning from the Group Manager and repeated abuses will result in the member being blocked from participation in the group.
LMA intends to share information that is useful to professionals in the legal marketing field. The information shared on this page contains personal opinions and views of individuals. Opinions are not necessarily condoned, approved or reflective of the official views of LMA. LMA reserves the right to remove inappropriate or offensive posts along with those that may violate privacy guidelines.
- The Body of Knowledge: Driving Performance
- Upcoming Webinar: Extending Your Firm’s Reach through Podcasting
- LMA's Friendly Reminder on Etiquette Rules
- Upcoming Webinar: The Path to Peak Personalization
- Social & Digital Media, MarTech and PR & Comms SIGs Reception on April 8th at #LMA19
We currently have 21 files in our file library. Our latest files added:
- Understanding the Diversity Landscape for Effective Communications
- LMA Podcast: Episode 39 — Prediction, Possibilities and Problems: What’s Coming for Legal PR in 2019
- Essential Writing Skills for Maximum Social Media Engagement – Part 2
Click here to view all files.