Presidents' Gift Grant Program Overview
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 4, 2019
As part of the Presidents' Gift Grant Program, LMA selects one legal marketing and business development industry professional to receive complimentary Annual Conference registration as well as admittance to a pre-conference program of their choosing during the Annual Conference. Below are the submission guidelines to help determine if this may be an appropriate opportunity for you.
November 4, 2019: Online submission portal opens
December 4, 2019: Deadline to apply
March 25-27, 2020: LMA Annual Conference
Contact International Headquarters with any questions or comments.
Background & Selection Process
About the Presidents' Gift Grant Program
The Presidents' Gift Grant Program provides industry education for professional growth in the legal marketing industry and helps program participants become better, more productive employees.
The selected applicant(s) receive one full, complimentary registration to the 2020 LMA Annual Conference in Denver (March 25-27, 2020) as well as their choice between complimentary registration for a pre-conference program or the new-and-improved LMA QuickStart® Online Course.
This total package is worth nearly $2,000. Note that the grant recipient is responsible for their own transportation, hotel and any incidental costs accrued, including additional in-room or additional conference activity costs.
Criteria to Apply
The Presidents’ Gift Grant Program is open to LMA members who are new to our legal marketing community and have not attended an LMA conference before.
Applicants must complete the online application, which contains two short, straightforward sections:
- Basic professional information, and
- Either an essay or a link to a YouTube video submission per the guidelines below.
Note that if the grant recipient submits a video as part of the application, that video may be used publicly and at the LMA Annual Conference.
Applicants must answer three of the four questions below in their submission:
- What influenced you to join the legal marketing and business development community?
- What is your proudest accomplishment to this day?
- What do you hope to take away from the 2020 LMA Annual Conference?
- As a future legal marketing leader, what area(s) do you deem necessary for future success in this competitive marketplace?
The LMA Board president, immediate past president and penultimate president (i.e., the "presidents") review all submissions and choose the grant recipient(s) based on:
- How the applicant intends to utilize and implement conference learning in the workplace
- Demonstrated thoughts on how the applicant's attendance will contribute to the LMA community