P3 PRESENTER RESOURCES
In this Section
15 Min. P3 Presenter Training - In order to support our presenters, LMA Headquarters would like to supply you with this brief presenter training.
By listening to this video you will be able to :
Identify components of an effective learning objective.
Apply adult learning principles in your session that will improve your facilitation skills.
Recognize learning activities for improving interaction and comprehension.
Utilize best practices when building a presentation deck.
Session Planning Prep Calls - To ensure we deliver top-notch education at our conference, and to ensure that we provide support to presenters delivering education, the LMA P3℠ Committee will hold prep calls before the conference. The goal of each call is to:
- Facilitate a conversation among co-presenters (if applicable) to ensure you share a common presentation goal and are all on the same page.
- Review and confirm the content/approach you plan to present at the session.
- Share best practices on crafting learning objectives.
- Explore facilitation techniques to enhance audience engagement and participation.
- Provide a measure of oversight to encourage you to be well-prepared for the conference.
- Answer any questions you may have about the conference.
"What to Know Before You Go"
- Before you head to Chicago for the event, LMA Headquarters will host a virtual presentation titled "What to Know Before You Go."
All Presentations Due April 17
- Use the official P3 PowerPoint template so that presentations are unified under the conference theme.
- In order for the bullets to format correctly, use the “Indent” button in the toolbar to indent the lines following the sub-header as opposed to hitting tab or selecting the “add bullet” button. Since the first line does not have a bullet, any subsequent lines are not part of the outline structure. Once the second line is indented using the button rather than a tab, it takes on the outline structure, including the correct bullet and font styles.
- Naming convention: 2017_surname_session title.ppt (i.e., 2017_Smith_Pricing Trends.ppt)
- Please upload your materials online.
- Login to www.legalmarketing.org with your username and password.
- Select "My Profile" from "My Options" on the top right-hand side of the LMA website.
- From "Options" click "My Presentations".
- Click on the session title.
- Click “Edit Files” in the upper left-hand corner.
- Click “Add" then "Browse" to find your file.
- Upload a PDF version of your slide deck.
- Click “OK”.
- To support greener, more sustainable conference practices we will not provide hard copies of presentation materials; instead, these materials will be available via the conference mobile app for attendees' use before and after the conference.
- Looking for ways to make your panel more powerful? Check out these tips from Sarah Michel of Velvet Chainsaw Consulting.
If you have any changes or updates related to your session, please email email@example.com before April 5th.
Please edit your bio and picture within your LMA profile.
- Log-in to legalmarketing.org
- Select “My Profile” from the “My Options” Tab
- Click on the "Pencil Icon" to edit your bio (near bottom of page). Click "OK"
- Select "My Picture" under "Options" section (right side of page).
- If you do not have a profile, sign up as a guest member here.
By submitting these items, you are allowing LMA to use them in marketing the conference.
All presenters are eligible for a discounted registration price. To register as a presenter, click here and enter the discount code that was sent to you when prompted. You will receive 50% off of your registration. (Discount Codes were sent in March).
*Service Provider Presenters should register as sponsors and use the pass given to them within their sponsor package.
Visit the P3 Hotel page for complete information.
Please be reminded that all speakers are responsible for their own travel and hotel expenses.
To ensure that you can secure housing at the conference rate, please make your arrangements no later than April 5, 2017.
Looking to market your presentation online? Social media is a great wait to add to the conversation and tease out what you will be talking about. Connect with LMA on any of the following networks:
- Twitter: @LMAintl and #LMAMKT, #LMAP3 (Create a hashtag for your session!)
- Facebook: Facebook.com/LegalMarketingAssociation
- LinkedIn: Legal Marketing Association
To help share our excitement, we wanted to equip you with a few easy tools to help promote your session.