P3 SPEAKER TOOLKIT
What Can We Help With?
Tips & Tricks for Preparing Your Session
Presentation Guidelines & Upload Instructions
Changes to Session
Speaker Bio and Pictures
Housing and Travel Information
Marketing Your Presentation
Hone Your Presentations Skills
To best prepare speakers, LMA has curated some of the best tips, videos, articles and other resources on a variety of speaking topics and techniques. Please visit this resource to best equip you with Adult Learning Principles, PowerPoint Best Practices, Engagement Strategies, and more!
Participate on Prep Call with the P3 Committee
We want to hear what you have planned! To ensure top-notch education at P3, the LMA P3 Committee will hold prep calls prior to the conference. The goal of each call is to:
- Facilitate a conversation among speaker(s) to ensure a consistent goal and message
- Discuss attendee demographics and, if applicable, adjust content to meet the needs of attendees
- Solidify the content and approach you plan to present/execute
- Share best practices when crafting learning outcomes
- Explore facilitation techniques to enhance audience engagement and participation
- Provide a measure of oversight and guarantee all speakers are well-prepared
- Answer any questions you may have about the conference
Listen to "What to Know Before You Go" Speaker Webinar
The LMA Education Team hosted a webinar filled with helpful information to know before, during, and after your presentation. Watch the recording and skim the P3 Presenter Info Sheet for quick hit information.
Audio/Visual Provided & Layout
- 1 wireless lavaliere and 2 wireless hand held microphones
- Projector & screen, slide advancer, Wi-Fi
- Podium & panel table, flipchart
- Round tables and theater style
- Rental Laptops
- PPT will be saved on each computer – slide decks are pulled from website on 5/10
- Please bring your PPT on a USB as a back up
Presentations are due Monday, April 16. Should you update you slides after that date, please upload the new version.
- Download and utilize the P3 2018 PowerPoint Template to ensure all presentations are unified under the conference theme
- Save final version using the following naming convention: P3 2018_surname_session title.ppt (i.e., 2018_Smith_Pricing Trends.ppt)
- Upload instructions:
- Login to the LMA Website with your username and password
- Select "My Profile" from "My Options" on the top right-hand side of the LMA website
- From "Options" click "My Presentations"
- Click on the session title
- In the left-hand navigation, select "Edit Files" (icon is two sheets of paper with folded corner)
- Click “Add" then "Browse" to find your file
- Upload a PDF and PPT version of your slide deck
- Click “OK”
- To support greener, more sustainable conference practices we will not provide hard copies of presentation materials; instead, these materials will be available via the conference mobile app for attendees' use before and after the conference.
If you have any session changes or updates, please email email@example.com before Friday, April 6.
Please update your bio and headshot within your LMA profile.
- Login to the LMA Website
- Select “My Profile” from the “My Options” Tab
- Click on the "Pencil Icon" to edit your bio (near bottom of page). Click "OK"
- Select "My Picture" under "Options" section (right side of page).
By submitting these items, you are allowing LMA to use them in marketing the conference.
As a thank you, all speakers receive a discounted registration pass. To register as a speaker, click here and enter the discount code that was sent to you when prompted. You will receive 50% off your registration.
(Discount Codes sent by March, please connect with firstname.lastname@example.org if you did not receive).
*Service Provider speakers should register as sponsors and use the pass given to them within their sponsor package.
All speakers are responsible for their own travel and hotel expenses. To ensure that you secure housing at the conference rate, please make your arrangements no later than Monday, April 16.
Looking to market your presentation online? Social media is a great wait to add to the conversation and tease out what you will be talking about. Connect with LMA on any of the following networks:
- Twitter: @LMAintl and #LMAMKT, #LMAP3 (Create a hashtag for your session!)
- Facebook: Facebook.com/LegalMarketingAssociation
- LinkedIn: Legal Marketing Association
- Instagram: @LMAintl
Don't know what to say? We've made it easy for you! Below are a few easy tools to help promote your session.