LMANext/Future Leaders Boot Camp at the 2019 LMA Northeast Regional Conference
Note: The LMANext/Future Leaders Boot Camp will be held at Stroock & Stroock & Lavan, not at the Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge.
Sharpen your industry knowledge as we embark on a journey through the past, present and future of legal marketing! The LMANext/Future Leaders SIG will kick off the 2019 Northeast Regional Conference on Thursday, November 14 with a pre-conference workshop designed for junior marketers at Stroock & Stroock & Lavan.
Featuring a panel of industry insiders, this boot camp will provide a foundational framework to map out your own unique career path, demonstrate value as a legal marketing professional and work toward earning a seat at the decision-making table.
Who Should Attend? New members and future leaders with fewer than 10 years of legal marketing experience are encouraged to attend. A little more advanced in your career, but feeling stalled or uninspired? You’re invited too!
Date: Thursday, November 14, 2019 (Day 1 of the LMA Northeast Regional Conference)
- 1:00 p.m. – Lunch and Registration
- 1:30 p.m. – Past: Historical Overview of the Law Firm Industry
- 2:00 p.m. – Present: What you Need to Know to Be Relevant in Today's Market
- 4:00 p.m. – Future: Panel Discussion on the Future of Legal Marketing
- 5:00 p.m. – Head over together to the opening cocktail reception at the Northeast Regional Conference
- 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Join the LMANE19 opening cocktail reception at the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
Location: Stroock & Stroock & Lavan, 180 Maiden Lane, New York, NY 10038 (near Brooklyn Bridge). We thank Stroock for hosting us!
Fees: $199 for members and $350 for nonmembers. Register here.
(Note, you can attend just the Future Leaders boot camp if you’d like, although we’d love for you to attend both the boot camp on Thursday, November 14 AND the full-day LMA Northeast Regional Conference on Friday, November 15. The full-day conference on the 15th is a separate admission fee. Please note that the Future Leaders boot camp is not held at the Marriott. All information can be found on our registration page.)
In order to know where to go, we need to know where we have been. The program will kick off with a historical overview of the law firm industry dating back nearly 500 years to provide perspective to help understand the general environment and landscape.
Speaker: Jennifer Scalzi, CEO of Calibrate Legal, Inc.
After building the foundation of how our industry has evolved, a majority of the programming will focus on the current state of legal marketing. A series of three panels will address the following topics respectively:
- The Pillars of a Law Firm: Structure and Financials
- Speaker: Purvi Sanghvi, Director of Strategic Pricing at Paul, Hastings
- Communicating and Influencing a Client-Centric Culture
- Speaker: Jill Huse, Partner at Society54
- Do You Hear That? It’s the Voice of the Client (VOC)! Now What?
- Speaker: Holly Barocio, Principal Consultant at GrowthPlay
Equipped with a knowledge and understanding of the past and present, attendees will engage in an interactive panel discussion where participants will share their opinions on what the future of legal marketing will hold and how young professionals can position themselves now to make an impact in both the short- and long-term.
|Gretchen Lyn Koehler|
- Patrick Fuller, Vice President, Legal at ALM Intelligence
- Debbie Ting, Knowledge Management Technology Manager at Paul, Weiss
- Gretchen Lyn Koehler, Chief Marketing Officer, Bentham IMF
- Jennifer Petrone Dezso, Vice President, Acritas US
What Registered Attendees Are Saying:
“As someone who is new to legal marketing, I’m excited to hear from current leaders about the challenges we as marketers will likely face in the future. Having a better understanding of the direction in which our profession is headed will allow me to stay ahead of the curve by anticipating my firm’s needs and offering practical solutions.”
–Jacob Eidinger, Marketing Coordinator, Wigdor LLP
“The LMANext/Future Leaders SIG has been instrumental in my career development. The amount of value from both a content and networking standpoint these boot camps bring to junior professionals is unmatched.”
–Willie Sleight, Business Development & Communications Coordinator, Jones Day
“Legal marketing is such a dynamic industry; this program is perfect for anyone who has curiosity about what the past holds, what the future entails, and how we as legal marketers can shape it. ”
–Erinn Larson, Marketing & Communications Specialist, Hirsch Roberts Weinstein LLP
Join us! Register here.