LMA Connect FAQs
- How do I subscribe to a discussion?
Navigate to the discussion topic of your choice. If you are not subscribed, you will see a subscribe button in the right rail under "About this Topic." When you subscribe, the system will take you to your subscriptions page to manage the type of notification you get.
- LMA Connect used to send me the full text of the posts, but now it is only sending links.
This is an option you can change. When you are logged in to the site, click on My Options > My Subscriptions. You currently have everything set as a summary digest. You can update this to either immediate email or the Full Digest with Links. Both of those options will give you the full content of the forum post.
- How do I unsubscribe from a forum?
When you are logged in to the site, click on My Options > My Subscriptions. You can then choose to delete your subscriptions to specific forum topics.
- How do I load files to LMA Connect?
Navigate to For Members > LMA Connect Files > LMA Connect General Files. Then click the Add File button. A title and description are required. The Date, Owning Group, Category/Topic, and Document Type will default and do not need to be changed. Then just click the add button to open up the ability to browse your desktop for the file. Once loaded, click ok to save your new document.
- How do I post to an eGroup Discussion?
There are two ways to post to an eGroup Discussion.
1. Navigate to the topic you want to post in and click Add Thread. Or click on an already existing thread and select Reply.
2. You can use the new listserv functionality and post or reply using your email client. You must first be subscribed to the topic. Each topic will have an email address that you can use to email your posts to. You can find this in the right rail of the topic in the About this Topic box.
- Are there any conduct rules for LMA Connect?
The Legal Marketing Association (LMA) welcomes and encourages participation in discussions about marketing, business development, client service, pricing, practice improvement, project management and communications within the legal profession; however, LMA reserves the right to remove inappropriate or offensive posts, along with those that may violate client privilege or inappropriately promote products or services. We ask you to use the following guidelines:
- Do not use offensive or hurtful language. Be respectful of other points of view, even if they differ from your own.
- Do not mention names of clients, firms or colleagues; rather, discuss scenarios generally.
- Refrain from posting self-promotional products or services.
- Please post any jobs in the jobs area or promotions in the promotions area.
- Self-promoting, pandering, abusive or sales-focused posts will result in a warning from the Group Manager and repeated abuses will result in the member being blocked from participation in the group.
LMA intends to share information that is useful to professionals in the legal marketing field. The information shared on this page contains personal opinions and views of individuals. Opinions are not necessarily condoned, approved or reflective of the official views of LMA. LMA reserves the right to remove inappropriate or offensive posts along with those that may violate privacy guidelines.