Northeast Local Groups BostonNew YorkPhiladelphia
Return to Northeast Region Home
Future Leaders Fellowship Program
Back by popular demand, LMA Boston is continuing the Future Leaders Fellowship program in 2018 to recruit up-and-coming leaders of the organization. We are currently seeking nominees who exhibit a passion to pursue a career in or related to law firm marketing, and who are eager to engage with peers in our community. The benefit is one year of free membership as an Individual to LMA International and the Northeast Region valued at $499. Benefits include:
- Full access to networking, educational and professional development benefits of LMA
- Members-only access to Chapter Special Interest Groups (SIGs) including Future Leaders SIG educational brown-bag lunches (no charge)
- Discounts on national, regional and local events - including up to $500 in savings on LMA's annual conference alone.
- Savings of up to $100 on webinars and $200 on eLearning Classroom courses focused on the core competencies of legal marketing.
- Save on LMA QuickStart, LMA's exclusive online introduction to the foundations of legal marketing.
- Gain unlimited access to the digital copy of the LMA Body of Knowledge, which defines the core skills necessary for legal marketers to be successful. Plus, enjoy a discounted rate for the printed version.
- Access to:
- LMA's Job Bank - The online resource for legal marketing jobs. Visit the Job Bank to post jobs at a discounted rate or search the posted jobs for free.
- LMA Connect - Tap into the collective experience and wisdom of more than 4,000 LMA members. The LMA Connect discussion forum allows you to share ideas, explore new topics and tackle the tough issues you face.
- Member Directory - Find experts in your area and add your own listing to the highly accessed Member Directory.
- Strategies — The Journal of Legal Marketing - An $80 annual value, this top law firm marketing publication is a valuable source of industry-specific knowledge and tips for all legal marketing professionals.
- LMA Intelligence Brief - This monthly e-newsletter rounds up the top stories from the legal industry and legal marketing and business development profession and delivers them directly to your inbox each month.
- LMA Weekly - LMA Weekly is a weekly e-newsletter that is rich with information about important LMA news and events both at the international and regional level.
- LMA Library - Access all white papers, market research and surveys published by LMA.
- And most importantly, a wonderful opportunity to bring valuable insight, ideas and information back to your firm, hone leadership skills and forge relationships that will provide sustaining enrichment throughout your career!
What We Expect of Future Leader Fellows
- Participate on any one of the following chapter committees:
- Annual Regional Conference
- Special Events
- Attend Future Leaders Special Interest Group (SIG) brown bag lunches regularly. (However, we understand there will be the occasional meeting that you cannot make.) These meetings are held approximately 4-6 times per year at no cost, and are open to LMA members only. Topics under consideration for lunches include:
- Advanced Degree – What’s Right for You?
- Building an Amazing and Fulfilling Career
- Business Etiquette
- Law Firm Structure, Strategy and Economics
- Legal Ethics for Legal Marketing
- Market Intelligence – resources and must-know info for being a savvy resource
- Personal Branding
- Public Speaking
- Time Management Skills
- Translating Lawyer Talk
- Understanding the Client
- What Your Lawyers Wished Their Marketers Knew
- Writing Tips for the Legal Marketing Professional
- Employed in a New England office of a law firm or service provider to law firms (the organization can be based outside of New England)
- Ideally, has less than ten years of professional experience
- Is not a current member of LMA
Individuals can self-nominate or be nominated by a colleague, manager or industry peer. Please keep responses to one page (about 400 words or less).
Self-Nominees: Tell us about how you can contribute to a group of peer Fellows, and how this Fellowship will enrich your role at your organization. As background, describe your career accomplishments and aspirations as a marketer or business development professional in a law firm, or as a service provider in the legal industry. Please also provide membership or leadership roles you have held in any other organizations (business, community, philanthropic, academic, etc.).
Nominators: Please share the above information to the best of your knowledge with your insight on why the candidate is qualified to become a Future Leader of LMA.
Submit nominations to Savannah Alden, 2018 Boston Steering Committee Chair, at Savannah.Alden@wilmerhale.com by Friday, January 26, 2018.
Future Leaders Fellows will be selected and notified by Friday, February 2. No more than three fellows will be selected in total, and only one fellow will be selected per organization. Fellows will be announced by Friday, February 9, 2018.