2019 Board of Directors
LMA is pleased to announce the ratification of the 2019 Board of Directors slate of candidates. The newly elected and continuing officers and directors for the Board of Directors will begin their term on January 1, 2019.
Newly Elected Board Members
Partner, Society 54, LLC
Charlotte, NC (Southeast Region)
I have worked in professional services marketing for 18+ years; working within the legal, accounting and insurance industries. As a consultant, I've been successful in coaching my clients through developing and executing marketing/ business development strategies to further their objectives.
At Society 54, our focus is on business development coaching for individuals and teams, marketing strategy, client loyalty and department structure process improvement. We have built complementary technology solutions (INhabit and INform), which aid in instilling habits through gamification and accountability strategies.
In addition to my Masters in Law Firm Management from GWU, I have attained the following certifications: Gamification, Registered Corporate Coach, DiSC Trainer, Change Management Specialist and Yellow Belt in Legal Lean Sigma; SB Leadership Class of 2016.
• Speaker, "Revenue Generation through Client Appreciation” (Chicago) 2018
• Speaker, “Building Greatness: Roadmap to be a Coach for your Internal Clients" (Raleigh, Charlotte, Nashville & Columbia) 2017- 2018
• Speaker, "Geo-Targeting Law Firm Growth" (Phoenix, Denver & Houston) 2017
• Speaker, "Is a Picture Worth 1,000 Words? Using Data Realization to Influence Behavior" (Chicago) 2017
• Speaker, "Successful Succession: Integrated Transitioning Strategies" (Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco & Orlando) 2016- 2017
• Speaker, "How Gamification can Supercharge Business Development" (Chicago, San Francisco, Denver, Miami, Orlando, Nashville & Tampa) 2015- 2017
• Speaker, "Client Care: Delight or Simply Satisfy" (Salt Lake City, Phoenix & Las Vegas) 2016
• Moderator, "Shift Happens Lateral Integration Creates Opportunities for Change" 2015
• Moderator, University of Florida Law School "Business of Being a Lawyer" 2014- 2015
• Panelist, "What Every Good Coach Teaches and What Every Player Expects" 2015
• Panelist, "Business Development Initiatives that Drive Firm Revenue” 2013
Director of Marketing, Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss, P.C.
Southfield, MI (Midwest Region)
30 + year marketing professional with extensive marketing, management, and business development experience from a diverse number of industries including legal, professional services, automotive, sporting goods, banking, retail services and not-for-profit. Currently leading the marketing and business development execution and support for Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss, a 100+ attorney law firm based in Michigan. I am also very active in the Legal Marketing Association (LMA) and have served as board member and past president of the LMA Midwest Chapter. I am currently on the board of the LMA Midwest Region where I serve as treasurer and co-chair of the LMATech Conference Midwest. I am also a member of the 2019 LMA Annual Conference Advisory Committee.
Chief Marketing Officer, Fasken Martineau
Vancouver, BC (Western Canada Region)
A results-driven, entrepreneurial executive with more than 20 years’ leadership experience. I have a proven track record for driving change, innovation and substantially increasing revenue generation. I have the ability to effectively influence and align diverse groups in partnership environments. I have specialized in the professional services industry working with lawyers, accountants, and engineers for much of my career; however, I have also worked with diverse industry sectors. Understanding the needs of clients and building strategies that accomplish their objectives is a primary driver for me. I am effective at building high-performing teams that leverage individual talents and effectively knit these together to provide high value in an organization.
Amanda N. Loesch
Chief Marketing Officer, Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, P.C.
Madison, NJ (Northeast Region)
Growth oriented, innovative, and forward‐thinking business development and marketing leader with a track record of success through the conceptualization, development and execution of best practices in client development, marketing strategy and communications, and multidisciplinary team leadership.
I have held many different leadership roles within LMA that speak directly to my personal contributions to the organization and the furthering of its goals and objectives. This includes:
- Serving as programming chair for the Minnesota chapter of LMA (prior to regionalization). In this role, I helped the organization further our commitment to providing programing, by developing programing tracks (prior to BoK), and ensuring that all program offerings throughout the year had stated learning objectives. I also served as President-elect but relocated out of state prior to serving as President.
- Serving as a Member-at-Large for the Southeast Region, during the regionalization process. In this role, I was responsible for all aspects of programing for this multi-state region. I worked with my colleagues on the board to participate in city group leader calls to ensure that each city group was aware of the resources that were available with regard to programing, developed a summer webinar series, and facilitated a circuit speaker program. In addition, as part of this role, I worked with the President-Elect to strategize, plan, and execute all of the programing for LMA Southeast's Regional Conference, that included 4 tracks and close to 70 speakers.
- In 2016, I was the incoming chair of the Small Firm / Solo Marketer SIG. In this capacity, I worked with my co-chair to plan the impact marketing program for the national conference and then became co-chair of the SIG in 2017. Since taking on the role of co-chair, I have worked to continue to increase engagement of those in the SIG through planning programming specific to the needs of this segment of our membership and through maintaining an active dialog with our members. As one of our goals, we are working on creating programing on complex challenges (e.g., pricing, time management, leadership, etc.) but geared towards those with fewer resources to draw from as compared to a larger firm.
CEO, Calibrate Legal, Inc.
Boston, MA (Northeast Region)
Jennifer Scalzi is the Founder and CEO of Calibrate Legal and its subsidiary, J. Johnson Executive Search (JJES). Jennifer has spent the last 17 years inside of, and as a consultant to, law firms. As Calibrate Legal’s CEO, she utilizes that industry insight to develop modern services that prepare today’s law firms for tomorrow’s legal marketplace. Sophisticated talent plays a large role in that strategy, and Jennifer specializes in helping her clients find the best path forward when seeking to hire impact players in marketing, business development and communications roles.
In the past decade of providing placement and strategy services to law firms, she has achieved prominence as a business partner who truly understands the landscape of the current and future legal industry. Her insider knowledge — gained from six years in professional development and lawyer recruitment at a prominent Am Law 100 firm and as a leader in the Legal Marketing Association (LMA) — gives her a competitive advantage that saves her clients time and energy.
She looks to her vast network of leaders from industries spanning professional and financial services, university educators, and key stakeholders in Fortune 100 companies to inform her perspective on the business world at large.
Jennifer’s expertise is international in scope and she has successfully placed candidates on three continents. She runs global searches for her clients and regularly travels throughout the country, and on occasion overseas, for the sole purpose of assessing candidates.
A featured speaker and published author on topics of professional and career development, Jennifer has contributed to CBS’s “MarketWatch,” The American Lawyer, and Law360.com, among others. Jennifer’s networking was most recently profiled as a case study in J. Kelly Hoey’s newly published book, Build Your Dream Network: Forging Powerful Relationships in a Hyper-Connected World. Additionally, Jennifer was inducted into the College of Law Practice Management in October 2017, which recognizes distinguished law practice management professionals.
Jennifer holds a B.A. from Baylor University and resides in the Boston suburbs.
Senior Business Development Manager, McGuireWoods LLP
Charlotte, NC (Southeast Region)
Over the course of a decade, Amy Roeder Norris has worn many hats for McGuireWoods LLP, an AmLaw 100 firm with more than 1,000 lawyers in 23 offices. Even in the most junior role, Amy believed that marketing and business development should be authentic, selfless, purposeful, and most importantly, fun. With those principles guiding her, she worked her way through the ranks and now serves as the senior business development manager for McGuireWoods’ corporate practices.
In that role, Amy has seen first-hand why those principles still hold true. Most recently, Amy partnered with the firm’s M&A and private equity lawyers to launch two industry-shifting initiatives: connecting independent sponsors with capital providers, and bringing together women in private equity. Both are founded on the idea of selfless relationship building, or “giving to get” in an authentic, purposeful way. In addition to generating business, Mergers & Acquisition magazine noted that these initiatives “allowed McGuireWoods to expand beyond being a legal services provider to being a key industry player” when it named McGuireWoods M&A Law Firm of the Year in 2017.
While still rooted in traditional business development, Amy’s role continues to evolve and now includes opportunities to build relationships with clients directly. She is also an integral member of the business development leadership team, managing and guiding the next generation of senior leaders.
Amy’s passion for connecting dots extends beyond her work for McGuireWoods. She is the president of the Legal Marketing Association Southeast Region, where she has been an active member since she began her career. She was a founding member of Dress for Success Charlottes’ Young Executives for Success (Y.E.S.!) branch, and she served as a Young Ambassador for the Council of Children’s Rights.
Above all, she loves spending time with her husband and three young children who show her every day that authenticity, selflessness, purpose and fun are truly what matter in life.
Continuing Board Members
Director of Client Engagement & Innovation, Miller Nash Graham & Dunn LLP
Seattle, WA (West Region)
2019 Immediate Past President
Director of Business Development and Marketing, Porter Hedges LLP
Houston, TX (Southwest Region)
Director of Business Development, Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
New York, NY (Northeast Region)
Marketing & Business Development Manager, Fogler, Rubinoff LLP
Toronto, ON (Eastern Canada Region)
President, Blattel Communications
San Francisco, CA (West Region)
Chief Marketing Officer, Fisher & Phillips
Atlanta, GA (Southeast Region)