2018 LMANE Regional Conference
Call for Presenters
Deadline Extended to June 22, 2018
LMA is seeking experienced and dynamic presenters for the LMA Northeast Regional Conference. To apply for a speaking opportunity, please complete this online form by June 22, 2018. You will be informed by July 20, 2018 if your program idea has been selected. We are pleased to offer speakers a 50 percent discount on the conference registration.
The LMA Northeast Region (LMANE) will hold its 2018 Regional Conference "Looking Beyond Legal” on Friday, October 26, 2018 at the InterContinental Boston. It will be the premier gathering for law firm marketing and business development professionals from New England to the Delaware Valley. It will feature multiple sessions of educational programing and an array of networking opportunities.
Introducing the Pre-Conference Workshop
This year LMANE will host a Pre-Conference Workshop on Thursday, October 25 from noon to 5 pm. This is an exclusive opportunity for a limited number of participants to learn and connect through highly targeted sessions, including a future leaders track.
What will be the theme?
In today’s fast-paced legal landscape, marketers and business developers are faced with mounting challenges in a crowded market. If it feels like you have already tried every trick in the book, join us at the second Annual 2018 LMA Northeast Regional Conference to “Look Beyond Legal” for ways to improve and innovate and on how to navigate these challenges. Learn from marketing and business development experts across a variety of industries and leave with new ideas and a fresh perspective.
Who will attend the 2018 LMA Northeast Annual Conference?
More than 300 marketing and business development professionals responsible for the creation and management of marketing strategy in their law firms, as well as individuals who execute tactical marketing goals.
What are we looking for?
Experienced and energetic presenters to deliver high-level educational programming that helps attendees at various levels and in firms of different sizes enhance the skills they need to keep pace with our changing profession.
Method of Delivery
We will offer concurrent breakout sessions and each session will be approximately 45 minutes in length, depending on the format. Proposed sessions should be structured using one of the following formats:
- CASE STUDY – Share your experience by walking your peers through a recent project and what you learned from it.
- EXPERT PANEL – Subject matter experts answer audience questions in a panel discussion.
- LECTURE – Traditional session format for one or two presenters to cover content through a captivating presentation.
- ROUNDTABLE – Allows maximum interaction among presenters and with attendees. Presenters typically break the audience into groups to discuss a specific topic/idea/theme.
- TED-STYLE TALKS – Designed to have multiple presenters talk for 18 minutes or less on their topic. These presentations often have a personal narrative woven in to tie everything together. Q&A would take place at the end of all presentations.
- WORKSHOP –The presenter prepares for hands-on learning in the classroom. This allows for a deep dive of real-world application and might include such activities as role-playing, software implementation, or tool application.
Increase Your Odds of Being Selected by
- Telling us how you will engage and educate your audience.
- Answering these questions:
- What takeaways will attendees gain from your session?
- Will there be a toolkit attendees can take back to their firms and implement immediately?
- Will the session be interactive?
- What type of materials will you provide?
- Keeping the theme of the conference top of mind and including a panelist or presentation component from outside of the industry.
- Presenting a new and interesting topic and not replicating topics presented at recent Northeast or National conferences.
- Providing complete information on co-presenters, a link to a previously recorded presentation for the selection committee’s review, and contact information for two people who have heard you present in the last 18 months.
- Indicating your technology requirements. A microphone (if needed) and LCD projector will be available for each session.
- Avoiding any sales or marketing of a product or service.
- Deadline for submissions is extended to June 22, 2018
- Selections will be announced by July 20, 2018, and we will let you know whether your presentation will be featured in the Pre-Conference on Thursday or the general sessions on Friday.
- Presentation slides must be received by October 1, 2018
Topics of Interest
- Alumni programs
- Associate business development
- Building a referral database
- Business development trends
- Client service / Client teams
- Client feedback programs/surveys
- Cross selling
- Directories and Surveys
- Lateral integration
- Lessons from other industries
- Sales Teams
- The competition
- Tracking industry trends/ Knowledge management
Marketing Operations & Technology
- Experience management
- Marketing operations
- Pitch and proposal systems
- Using CRM systems
- Content marketing
- Digital / Website
- Firm / Internal communications
- PR Programs
- Social media and media relations
Small Projects / Big Impact
- Business development mentoring
- Charitable initiatives
- Pay per click / Facebook / LinkedIn advertising
Law Firm Management
- Change management
- Effective strategies when working with HR and IT
- Law firm economics
- Law firm mergers
- Practice management
- Succession planning
- Working across international offices
No Tracks Available