Announced on April 21, P3® – The Practice Innovation Conference will transform into P3® – The Virtual Experience, a series of online, interactive content taking place in June. The in-person experience was previously cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. View the P3 home page for more information.
P3® PRE-CONFERENCE PROGRAMS
Wednesday, June 10
Join us a day earlier to kick off P3 – The Practice Innovation Conference. Pre-conferences are designed for attendees to immerse themselves in one, specific topic area. We would like to thank our pre-conference in-kind partners LawVision and Positive Pricing for supporting P3 and sharing their knowledge with us. Additional registration is required.
8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Presenter: Stuart J T Dodds and Colin Jasper
This interactive program is designed to develop your understanding of the key pricing issues faced by law firms and provide them with a solid foundation for how to manage the issues as part of their day to day role.
- Discuss the key challenges in pricing legal services and what makes law different from others
- List the different approaches that can be used to set prices
- Explore how to manage pricing at the firm, client and matter-specific level
- Review the role of hourly rates
- Identify how to effectively use Alternative Fee Arrangements (AFAs)
- Review how to assess if you are charging too much or too little
- Explore techniques for setting estimates and dealing with cost over-runs
This pre-conference seminar is best suited for individuals who have moved into law firm pricing roles within the last 1-2 years (whether from other law firm functions or externally) and who are aiming to significantly enhance their knowledge of leading pricing practices. The training is applicable to all levels of seniority.
1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Presenter: Susan raridon Lambreth
This interactive workshop is designed to provide a foundational understanding of the key elements of LPM with a specific focus on developing a Scope of Work Document and understanding the fundamentals of a Project Plan. One goal is to connect the dots for how BD, pricing, practice group management and legal project management (LPM) intersect and work together. The program is designed with this audience mix in mind.
- Provide attendees with a foundational understanding of LPM concepts and terminology
- Teach participants how to develop a Scope of Work document
- Explore all the elements of a project plan
- Review how to do a Risk Assessment
- Support those involved in pricing a matter how to facilitate discussions with partners to get the work scoped in order to develop budgets (e.g., scoping and risk issues that affect the budget)
- Discuss how marketing/BD professionals can work with Pricing professionals to clearly communicate the value related to the price of a matter
- Discuss how the elements of LPM can affect the entire client relationship experience from intake to close and to work across functions effectively to enhance the client management process
This pre-conference seminar is best suited Individuals who are involved in any part of the client management process, including pricing, BD, marketing and practice management people. Lesser experienced legal project managers would also benefit from this program.
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Turn your pre-conference experience into a full-day by attending both pre-conference programs. Spend your morning enhancing your knowledge of leading pricing practices and your afternoon diving into the elements of legal project management. Plus you will save on the registration cost compared to purchasing both pre-conference programs separately.