LMA MN Your Honor Awards
2013 LMA-MN Your Honor Awards Program and Presentation GuidelinesWhat: The LMA-MN Your Honor Awards Program has been developed to recognize Minnesota law firms and LMA-MN members who have illustrated excellence in marketing and communications programs.When and Where: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 4:00 PM (YHA Program will follow the regular monthly program from 2:30 - 3:30 PM)Deadline for entry: 5:00 PM, Friday, October 4, 2013All LMA-MN Your Honor Awards entries must have been produced for use by a Minnesota law firm or a LMA-MN member between September 1, 2012, and August 31, 2013.SUBMISSION CATEGORIES: The program will consist of the following 11 categories. The Events and Advertising categories have budget subcategories, so please note the submission subcategory when applicable:1) Collateral Materials: Brochures (firm wide, practice group), annual reports, announcements, newsletters, holiday cards, etc. Materials may be print or electronic.2) Events: Seminars, webinars, conferences, open houses, networking events, etc.a) Events: budget less than $1,000 (hard costs – does not include internal time)b) Events: budget between $1,000 and $5,000 (hard costs – does not include internal time)c) Events: budget between $5,000 and $15,000 (hard costs – does not include internal time)d) Events: budget over $15,000 (hard costs – does not include internal time)3) Media Relations: Campaigns, press conferences, and other unpaid media coverage4) Websites: This includes entire websites, specific portions of a firm site, or microsite.5) Blogs6) Social Media7) Videos8) Email marketing9) Advertising: Campaign or single ada) Advertising: budget under $5,000 (creative costs only – does not include ad buy)b) Advertising: budget over $5,000 (creative costs only – does not include ad buy)10) Gimme: Best giveaway or promo item. You may submit an entry in this category for free with another paid entry!11) Genius Marketing: Anything the genius marketing minds can think of that doesn’t fit into another category.Judging and Judging Criteria:All entries will be judged by a panel of at least three people. Judges will evaluate and score each entry in the four categories below on a scale of 1 to 5 (5 being the highest). A total score for the four categories will provide the overall score for each submission.
- Strategic Objective: The degree to which the submission met or exceeded the entrant’s stated strategic objective.
- Creativity: Amount of creativity and originality demonstrated.
- Execution: Quality of execution, end product overall impression.
- Results/outcome: Anecdotal feedback and/or quantifiable results, such as recognition and praise received from firm leadership, clients or potential clients, new matter(s) opened as a result, etc.
For those submission categories with multiple subcategories (i.e., Events and Advertising), winners will be selected for each subcategory.A Best of Show award is given if and/or when one entry stands out over all others and is deemed by the judges to be deserving of special recognition.While judges will make every attempt to select award recipients for each category, awards may not be given in categories where the judges deem that the quality and/or quantity of entries does not warrant a winner. Judges reserve the right to change a submitted entry from one category to another. Judges may elect to award Honorable Mention Awards, beyond first through third place awards, at their discretion. Judges’ decisions are final.Entry Requirements:Entrants may be either members or non-members of the Legal Marketing Association - Minnesota Chapter. Consultants, designers or other service providers submitting an entry on behalf of a client must include a letter of permission from the firm on the firm’s letterhead with the submission.Each entry will consist of:
- Three copies of the completed entry form specifying the single category in which it is being entered. NOTE: If you are submitting under Events or Advertising, please make note of what subcategory you’re submitting under.
- Three copies of the finished “product,” which may include printed materials, CDs, workbooks, photographs, published materials, etc. Entrants are welcome to submit the “before” products to show progress or improvement, but it is not necessary. Entries will not be returned.
- Three copies of a narrative of no more than one page describing, in detail:
- Opportunity or Challenge
- Strategic Objective
Submissions: All entries must be received by 5:00 PM Central on Friday, October 4, 2013.
Please send completed submissions to:Stacey McGuire
ATTN: YHA SUBMISSION
Gray Plant Mooty
500 IDS Center
80 South Eighth Street
Minneapolis, MN USA 55402Recognition of Award Winners: The following means of recognition will be implemented for the Your Honor Awards program winners:
- Entries will be displayed at the program on Wednesday, November 13, 2013.
- Award winners will be announced on Wednesday, November 13, 2013, immediately following the November program, at 4:00 PM.
Questions: Questions may be submitted to the LMA-MN Your Honor Awards Chair: Tracy Domish, 612.802.5441, email@example.com