Pre-Conference Program | Monday, April 9
Authenticity, Awareness and Conversation as Powerful Tools in a Complex Environment
8:00 – 5:00 pm
Today, leaders in all industries face enormous opportunity and challenge. There’s more complexity and change than ever before. Leadership, like marketing,involves continuous learning over time. Yet, leadership can happen in a moment, when we step up, take a stand, take responsibility. One conversation can be a turning point, shifting a relationship, turning around a situation, opening up possibility. The ability to engage others with different concerns and perspectives is key to building the momentum that drives your success.
In this highly interactive program, you will work with distinctions and models to support you in shifting in the moment to adapt to the various audiences you must influence. You’ll learn and work with powerful models for having the sometimes challenging conversations critical to your success as a leader, and generating accountability in a complex environment. You’ll work with exercises and tools to support you in cultivating resilience and greater ability to be present in the moment, and explore techniques for engaging your teams.
- Learning and experiential practice with practical tools for leading others, leading teams, selling ideas and change in a complex, matrixed, multi-generational environment
- Cultivating influence/persuasion
- Generative leadership conversation
- Generating outcomes, improved relationships through enhanced ability to plan and have tough conversations
- Enhanced ability to generate commitment, efficiency and ease through accountability
- Personal learning and tool
- Personal presence
- Resiliency – dealing with stress
Program features include:
- Half-hour intake call with program leader with each participant, prior to session
- One hour pre-conference preparation (highly recommended), including a short reading, viewing short videos to support participants in getting the most out of the session
- Handout document, including pages for notes your personal leadership development plan
- A one hour group conference call one month after the pre-conference to share updates to your plan, ask questions, share challenges, learnings and successes
Leadership for Lawyers
Chief Growth Officer
Goulston & Storrs PC
Who should attend:
Emerging leaders, mid-level leaders, leaders new to legal marketing, and anyone wishing a boost to their leadership effectiveness. More than one leader from a firm is welcome to attend. Participation limited to 36 individuals.
PLEASE NOTE: To support attendees in getting the most out of the highly interactive session, a 30-minute telephone intake conversation, and approximately one-hour of prework (to be provided to registrants) are recommended.