Presidents' Gift Grant Program Overview
Every year, LMA awards at least one legal marketing and business development industry professional a Presidents' Gift Grant, which includes complimentary registration to the LMA Annual Conference and either a pre-conference program or access to the new-and-improved LMA QuickStart® Online Course.
Congratulations to the 2019 Recipients
We had a strong application pool this year and awarded not one, but three Presidents' Gift Grants to deserving legal marketing professionals. The following three individuals demonstrated great enthusiasm for the legal marketing profession and we are excited to welcome them to the 2019 LMA Annual Conference in Atlanta:
- Lauren McNee, digital marketing and social media associate, Pritzker Hageman, P.A.
- Meredith Rosenblatt, business development manager, Burr & Forman LLP
- Carly Ruben-Stahr, marketing coordinator, Jordan Ramis PC
Want to get to know the grant recipients better? Click on their names above to review their submission.
Background & Selection Process
About the Presidents' Gift Grant Program
The Presidents' Gift Grant Program provides industry education for professional growth in the legal marketing industry and helps program participants become better, more productive employees.
The selected applicant(s) receive one full, complimentary registration to the 2019 LMA Annual Conference in Atlanta (April 8-10, 2019) as well as their choice between complimentary registration for a pre-conference program or the new-and-improved LMA QuickStart® Online Course.
This total package is worth nearly $2,000. Note that the grant recipient is responsible for their own transportation, hotel and any incidental costs accrued, including additional in-room or additional conference activity costs.
Criteria to Apply
The Presidents’ Gift Grant Program is open to LMA members who are new to our legal marketing community and have not attended an LMA conference before.
Applicants must complete the online application, which contains two short, straightforward sections:
- Basic professional information, and
- Either an essay or a link to a YouTube video submission per the guidelines below.
Note that if the grant recipient submits a video as part of the application, that video may be used publicly and at the LMA Annual Conference.
Applicants must answer three of the four questions below in their submission:
- What influenced you to join the legal marketing and business development community?
- What is your proudest accomplishment to this day?
- What do you hope to take away from the 2019 LMA Annual Conference?
- As a future legal marketing leader, what area(s) do you deem necessary for future success in this competitive marketplace?
The LMA Board president, immediate past president and penultimate president (i.e., the "presidents") review all submissions and choose the grant recipient(s) based on:
- How the applicant intends to utilize and implement conference learning in the workplace
- Demonstrated thoughts on how the applicant's attendance will contribute to the LMA community
2020 Presidents' Gift Grant Program
The submission portal for the 2020 Presidents' Gift Grant is expected to open at the end of November 2019. Please review the criteria above to see if you or one of your colleagues may be eligible to receive next year's Presidents' Gift Grant.