Domain: Client Services, Business Development
Knowing your clients’ business inside and out is more important than ever for client development. You need to understand both the industry in which your clients operate and their legal needs. Join this discussion of how industry and practice groups can work together to develop clients while maintaining continuous communication between the partners and BD professionals. You’ll discover how to effectively integrate practices with industries, including client teams and partner communication, business plans across practices and industries and cross-over between and among industries.
- Ways to utilize industry leaders and practice group leaders/business unit heads within your firm
- Building and developing client teams, including selecting relationship partners and coaching
- How to prioritize competing goals within industries — such as functioning client teams, reviewing additional clients/prospects and keeping up with industry news and trends — while maintaining focus on practices
- Conducting client feedback interviews
- The importance of being seen as a strategic advisor
Samara Abrams, Business Development Manager, Shearman & Sterling LLP
Lindsay Griesmeyer, Business Development Manager – Client Service, Latham & Watkins LLP
Kelly Malloy, Business Development Manager, Shearman & Sterling LLP
Member Price: $59
Prospective Member Price: $79
This session includes video, audio and synced presentations for an enhanced virtual learning experience.