Date: April 3, 2018
Time: 12:00 p.m. CT
Sponsored by: Diversity and Inclusion SIG
Domain: Business Development
BoK Competencies: Business Development Coaching/Training
It is an accepted fact that the most productive efforts to change and improve law firm diversity and inclusion are those that are mandated by clients and engage both clients and firms.
The question is - what can our business development and marketing teams to ensure both the firm and the client receives superior results?
As we think about creating new programs or building momentum around current ones, we will address these questions:
- What are the more innovative programs and initiatives out there?
- What really matters most to clients?
- What will success look like in the next 3-5 years?
- Which metrics can our law firms create or rely upon?
- How do we use the data we collect?
- What successes have we achieved?
- What are the common threads prevalent in the most effective programs?
- Identify programs that can be adopted by other firms
- Discuss the role and responsibility of the CMO, Directors, Managers of Marketing/BD teams in a variety of scenarios
Iris Jones, Chief Business Development & Marketing Officer, McNees, Wallace & Nurick LLC
Keith N. Wewe, VP – Strategy and Solutions, Content Pilot
Price: Complimentary for Members