Domain: Client Services
The past few years has brought a lot of discussion about how to better align the interests of law departments and their outside counsel through alternative fee arrangements, but the discussions generally end there. What if there was an approach that aligned outside counsel and legal departments in their pursuit of better business outcomes that extended beyond pricing? How can the strength of that relationship help demonstrate the value that the legal department brings to the organization as a whole? Come hear a case study exploring how one legal department and its panel of law firms have partnered differently and how their holistic approach to solving legal problems has the power to transform the way the department delivers value to the business.
- Analyze the broader role of a legal operations person within law firms and law departments
- Define the importance of pricing, but also how the expectation of an innovative firm extends beyond pricing
- Clarify the pressures law departments face from their business and how they translate into RFPs and other requests of law firms
- Discuss how law departments identify innovative law firms and what they value
- Explain how collaboration between panel firms and the law department transforms all relationships to the benefit of all, including the business.
Christopher Emerson, Bryan Cave LLP
Bryon Koepke, AVIS Budget
David Rueff, Baker Donelson
Member Price: $59
Prospective Member Price: $79
This session includes video, audio and synced presentations for an enhanced virtual learning experience.