Domain: Business of Law
With the wealth of data that we can now collect on clients and prospects, we need new tools to understand the patterns and relationships in our increasingly information-based businesses. Data visualization (sometimes called DataViz) is the art and science of displaying (often) large amounts of information to enable the viewer to gain insights that would not otherwise be apparent through numerical displays and spreadsheets. Data visualization takes advantage of human visual perception and cognition. For example, a human can distinguish differences in line length, shape orientation, and color (hue) readily without significant processing effort whereas, it may require significant time and effort to identify the number of times the digit "5" appears in a series of numbers. Imagine having simple displays that show:
- The strength of your client relationships
- The industry mix of your clients
- The effectiveness of your email communications
- The jurisdictions for your different practices
- The breadth of your service to key clients
- The effectiveness of your pricing strategy
- An effective dashboard for the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of your business
This session explores interactive data visualization using law firm data. It shows insights that would not would not be apparent through other visual display methodologies, and it provides attendees pointers to how to employ data visualization in their everyday work.
Adam L. Stock, Allen Matkins
Christopher Ende, Goodwin Procter LLP
Rebecca Holdredge, Bryan Cave
Member Price: $59
Prospective Member Price: $79
This session includes video, audio and synced presentations for an enhanced virtual learning experience.