Think Tank Insights Series #1: Thought Leadership
A thought leadership strategy is a must in today’s legal services marketplace. If done well, its execution will develop existing and prospective client relationships. Thought leadership not only extends visibility but can demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of a client’s business. You earn credit for that knowledge and respect for taking the time to acquire—and communicate—it. The following ShiftCentral white paper presents 10 best practices to help ensure the success of your firm’s thought leadership program.
- the importance of firm strategy
- adapting your thought leadership strategy to the firm’s culture
- focusing on business issues, recognizing that the goal is to generate conversations with clients and prospects
“It can be as simple as three bullet points!”
- a team-based approach to thought leadership
- being active in the business community
- reaching beyond your comfort zone and technical expertise
- picking a topic that you have an interest and passion in and which fits with the firm’s strategy
- blogging as part of a business development strategy
- achieving the objective of two-way communication
- adapting form and format to the audience
- being the facilitator of the conversation
"As I think about a thought leader, somebody might see a pyramid with somebody at the top. I see a circle with somebody in the middle."