8th Annual LMA Silicon Valley In-House Counsel Summit
Culture Shift: Delivering High-Value Legal Services and Client Engagement in our New Reality
Virtual Event - Open to LMA Members & Guests from All Regions!
We are all in uncharted territory with two major culture changes happening simultaneously: the COVID-19 global pandemic and the resulting economic impact, as well as a focus on improving diversity and inclusion within the legal community. Regardless of industry, company size, geography or practice area, law firms and in-house counsel alike are impacted by this new reality and are re-calibrating their business models. Shifting cultural changes also drive law firm marketing, business development, communications and technology professionals to reimagine their strategies. As law firms pivot their focus, innovative client service in a virtual world becomes crucial to successfully retain and continue growth. What does this look like to in-house counsel?
Join the virtual discussion with leading in-house counsel from Bay Area companies as they share the effects of the global pandemic, collaborative diversity and inclusion efforts and how both impact their relationship with outside counsel. Hear directly from decision-makers about their hiring criteria, how they define “value” and what makes for a successful long-term relationship with their outside counsel.
Moderated by Michael Colacchio, Partner at Michael Colacchio Consulting Group, join this discussion with leading in-house counsel from Silicon Valley corporations as they discuss the changing relationship, demands and expectations of long-term successful partnerships. The panel includes:
- Derrick Boston, Chief Administrative Officer & General Counsel, Virgin Orbit
- Cynthia Kao, Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs, Viacom
- Jose Lopez, Senior Director, Samsung NEXT
- Minh Merchant, General Counsel, Genome Medical, Inc.
This is a unique opportunity for legal marketers to invite attorneys from their respective firms to give them the chance to hear firsthand what in-house counsel value and what drives their legal spend decisions.
Our distinguished panel of in-house attorneys will discuss how to:
- Get – and keep – the attention of in-house counsel
- Build relationships with them, their team, legal operations and their business units
- Define and provide value
- Approach their business needs due to the impact of COVID-19
- Bring diversity and inclusion to the table
- Demonstrate an understanding of their business and culture
- See major deal-breakers that may cost you the relationship
Panel Discussion: 3:00pm - 4:30pm
Networking: 4:30pm - 5:00pm
Link will be provided via email after registration is completed.
LMA West Region Members — Complimentary
Non-LMA West Members — $35
LMA West Region Members may invite up to 2 attorney guests to attend for free. You may add guests during the registration process.