GCs from Tesla, PayPal, HP, & ClearSlide Headline 5th Annual Silicon Valley Summit
The LMA Bay Area local group, in conjunction with the LMA Silicon Valley city group, is thrilled to announce the line-up of general counsel for the 5th Annual Silicon Valley In-House Counsel Summit. In what has become an annual favorite, the panel will be moderated by LMA Hall of Famer Nat Slavin, and will highlight important trends and topics for improving the relationship between outside law firms and in-house counsel.
Legal competition is fierce and in-house counsel are exercising more control over budgets, strategy and staffing than ever before. To succeed, outside counsel must rethink their service delivery model, budgeting process, communications strategy and approach to building and maintaining relationships. Join this moderated discussion with leading in-house counsel from Silicon Valley corporations as they discuss the changing relationship, demands and expectations of long-term successful partnerships.
Our distinguished panel of in-house attorneys will discuss how to:
- Get – and keep – the attention of in-house counsel
- Build relationships with them, their team, legal operations and their business units -- and how not to
- Define and provide value
- Offer strategic client service to an in-house department
- Demonstrate an understanding of their business and culture
- Avoid mistakes
Who should attend:
- Professionals in Legal Marketing, Business Development and Client Relations
- Lawyers, including Partners, Marketing Partners, Managing Partners, Department Chairs, and Associates
- Legal Administrators and Executive Managers
- Professional Development Directors
Thursday, May 25, 2017
Registration: 3:30 p.m.
Program: 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Courtyard Wine Tasting:
5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Garden Court Hotel
520 Cowper Street
Palo Alto, CA 94301
*Complimentary Valet Parking Provided
Nat Slavin, Partner & Co-Founder, Wicker Park Group
Peter Urias, Managing Counsel, Employment, Tesla
Olga Mack, ClearSlide
Beth Horowicz, PayPal
Deanna Kwong, IP Litigation Counsel, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Fee (includes wine tasting)
- LMA - Bay Area Chapter Member - $30
- Attorney from Firm of Member - $30
(Use member login and add person as "Guest")
- Palo Alto Area Bar Association - $30
- Non-Member - $50
Thanks to our event sponsor JDSupra
- Please contact Clayton Dodds at firstname.lastname@example.org