Serving on the Local Steering Committee (LSC) provides opportunities for you to make a difference in the services and benefits offered to local LMA members. It also allows you to enhance your leadership skills, make important industry connections for personal and professional career building opportunities and make friends in a community of legal marketing practitioners who share your interests. You will have the option to be directly involved in programming, membership development, special interest groups, communications, event planning and more.
The New York LSC is made up of a Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary and Members-at-Large who focus on specific Committee tasks.
We are seeking candidates to fill the following positions in 2020:
- Chair Elect (succeeds to the office of Chair in 2021)
- Member-at-Large, SIG Chair
- Member-at-Large, Special Events
- Member-at-Large, Membership Engagement Chair
- August 19: Call for Leaders opens
- September 27: Call for Leaders close
- October 1-4: Review of candidate submissions
- Week of October 7: Nominees notified and slate announced
Eligibility for Service
- Must be an LMA member for at least one year
- Must be an LMA member in New York for at least one year
- Membership must be in good standing (i.e., dues current)
- Must have employer approval to participate as necessary
- Cannot be serving on more than one LMA board (international, regional or LSC) at any one time
If you are interested in serving, please email to New York Local Steering Committee Immediate Past Chair Matt Loomis your full contact information, a brief statement of your interest and history with LMA, and all roles in which you would like to serve.
Deadline to submit is September 27.
Questions? Please contact Matt Loomis, Immediate Past Chair, New York Local Steering Committee