specific advice about getting your local section stories covered. This event will help you to You will walk away from this discussion with some clear guidance on what reporters care about most, how to best approach reporters with an effective pitch, how to position your spokesperson as a valuable resource for the media and how to increase overall visibility.
This won’t be a stodgy presentation. It will be an interactive event with you participating and getting your most burning PR questions answered, including:
- What do editors/reporters want in a story?
- How do I get my spokesperson “on the list” as a media resource?
- Are press releases still relevant?
- How do I pitch the media with a story idea?
- Do blogs and social media play a factor in public relations?
- Kirk Ladendorf – Business Reporter, The Austin American Statesmen
- Emily Donahue – News director, NPR in Austin
- Chris Tomlinson – Supervisory Correspondent, Associated Press Austin Bureau*
- Kathy O’Brien – Senior Vice President, Jaffe PR
*Pending breaking news
Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
221 West 6th St., Austin, TX 78701
Click here to RSVP by Monday, August 19, 2013
A special thanks to our LMATX Chapter Sponsors:
All-State Legal, CopperLegal, Gittings Photography and Thomson Reuters