We are seeking leaders to serve on the 2019 LMA Boston Local Steering Committee. Serving on the Local Steering Committee (LSC) provides opportunities for you to make a difference in the services and benefits offered to local LMA members. It also allows you to enhance your leadership skills, make important industry connections for personal and professional career building opportunities, and make friends in a community of legal marketing practitioners who share your interests. You will have the option to be directly involved in programming, membership development, special interest groups, communications, event planning and more.
The Boston LSC is made up of a Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, and Members who focus on specific Committee tasks (as outlined below).
We are seeking candidates to fill the following positions in 2019:
- Vice Chair
- Member-at-Large, Programming and Events Chair
- Member-at-Large, Membership Engagement Chair
- Member-at-Large, Marketing & Communications Liaison
- Member-at-Large, Sponsorship Development & Fulfillment Liaison
Descriptions of open positions can be found here.
August 23: Call for Leaders opens
September 21: Call for Leaders closes
October 1-5: Review of candidate submissions
Week of October 8: Nominees notified and slate announced
*This is a slate format whereby candidates will be appointed; this is not an election process.
Eligibility for Service
- Must be an LMA member for at least 1 year
- Must be an LMA member in Boston for at least 1 year
- Membership must be in good standing (i.e., dues current)
- Must have employer approval to participate as necessary
- Cannot be from the same firm/organization as another Boston LSC member
- Cannot be serving on more than one LMA board (international, regional or LSC) at any one time
If you are interested in serving, please email your full contact information, a brief statement of your interest and history with LMA, and all roles in which you would like to serve.
Deadline to submit is September 21.
I welcome any questions you may have.
Joanne M. Thorud
Immediate Past Chair, Boston Local Steering Committee
Legal Marketing Association