Dear LMA Members:
The Nominating Committee has started its annual process of determining the slate of candidates to fill open seats on the International Board of Directors. LMA members are scheduled to ratify the International Board slate in early September 2018, and our new board members will begin preparing for their service in October for a January 1, 2019 official start date.
Eligible members are invited to express their interest in serving on the International Board of Directors (i.e., self-nominate) using the instructions in this letter and corresponding links. As Board service takes time and dedication, and provides many benefits in return, I also encourage you to read this article when considering your decision to serve.
This year, the Regional Nominating process will follow an alternate schedule and will begin their process of determining the slate of candidates to fill the Regional Governing Board positions in July 2018, so please look for more correspondence on that subject then.
The following infographic details the tiered governing structure, as well as the positions within the International Board of Directors and Regional Governing Boards.
LMA seeks to fill the following voting International Board positions:
- President-Elect (3-year commitment: President-Elect in 2019, President in 2020, Immediate Past-President in 2021)
- Treasurer-Elect (2-year commitment: Treasurer-Elect in 2019, Treasurer in 2020)
- Secretary (2-year commitment: January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2020)
- Two At-Large Board Members (2-year commitment: January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2020)
- Regional Leaders’ Committee (“RLC”) Chair (1-year commitment: January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019)
To begin the International Board nomination process, please review the Eligibility Criteria. If you satisfy the criteria, then complete the International Board of Directors Expression of Interest Form (login required to view). Expressions of Interest for International Board positions are due by 12:00 p.m. CT on Friday, May 25.
Additionally, if you know of someone who satisfies the criteria who you think should consider submitting, I encourage you to reach out to them. Volunteering for LMA, in any role, often begins with someone encouraging another to get involved.
Finally, the Nominating Committee will verify eligibility, interview candidates and references, and put forth a slate for ratification by the membership. If you have questions, please see the FAQ document or contact me, Executive Director Betsi Roach or another member of the Nominating Committee.
Thank you for your consideration.
Jill S. Weber
LMA Immediate Past President
Chair, Nominating Committee
- Nominations FAQ
- Roles & Responsibilities of LMA Board Members
- LMA Strategic Plan and 2018 Annual Plan
- Roster - 2018 LMA Board of Directors
- Roster - 2018 International Nominating Committee
- Expression of Interest Form - International Board of Directors
- Process and Timeline for Call for Leaders
- Eligibility Criteria - International Board of Directors
- Call for Leaders Infographic
- Tiered Structure