Name: Melissa Marschka
Company: Barley Snyder
Title: Director of Business Development
- How did you get into legal marketing?
After working as a major gifts fundraiser and earning my MBA, I decided to build upon my development experience and put my MBA to work in a new career. I applied for the job of Business Development Director with Barley Snyder and have been enjoying my new career path. Legal Marketing combines many of the things I love – working with people and learning about new businesses and industries.
- Describe one of your best experiences in legal marketing?
As I am still very new to Legal Marketing, I would have to say that one of the best experiences I have had was attending the LMAconference in April. It was a great setting to learn and network.
- What is one of your greatest challenges when it comes to legal marketing?
One of the biggest challenges is connecting the dots – helping people to understand that the small efforts will eventually pay off in a big way.
- Do you have any words of wisdom to those who are new to the field?
Being just shy of a year in the field, I can’t offer any words of wisdom – but I’m certainly accepting advice!
- What is one thing that most people don’t know about you?
My husband Chris and I have known each other since we were kids – 4 years old to be exact. We didn’t start dating until college, but have been good friends for a long time. We are now thrilled to be parents of a daughter named Janice.