Meet Gloria Lee
Gloria J. Lee
Senior Counsel and Chief Business Development Officer , Rutan & Tucker, LLP
1. How did you start working in the legal industry?
I graduated from Berkeley Law School in 2004 and started working at Cox, Castle & Nicholson for 7 years to practice real estate transactions. I then moved over to Rutan & Tucker as a practicing attorney and have been here for the past 3 years.
2. What advice would you offer to someone new to the industry?
Don’t underestimate people. I often see people dismiss certain attorneys or law students who have trouble getting a job. Often these people go in-house and become the boss! I’ll tell you who they are not giving outside counsel work to…
3. Why did you join LMA and is it the same reason you are still a member?
The quality programming and great community of people in the industry. Also, the training resources on the website are amazing.
4. What would people be most surprised to learn about you?
I played on Stanford’s badminton team during college. We won 3 national championships.
5. What is your favorite thing to do when you are not at work?
Spend time with my family – my husband, two boys (ages 5 & 7) and my golden retriever Kirby.