The Legal Marketing Association (LMA), the leading professional organization that serves marketing and business development professionals in the legal industry, announces the formal launch of a Texas Chapter, effective Jan. 1, 2012. LMA has nearly 3,000 members in 48 U.S. states, Canada and 15 other countries.
Members in Texas were previously part of the Legal Marketing Association Southeastern Chapter, which served 400+ members in 18 City Groups covering 10 states. The new Texas Chapter will include more than 100 members and City Groups in Austin, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio.
“Texas is home to the second-largest economy in the U.S. and the 15th-largest in the world, making it a prime location for businesses and the law firms that serve them,” said Jeanne Hammerstrom, LMA’s 2011 president. “Nearly all of the Am Law 200 have offices in or serve clients in Texas, and many more small and midsize firms serve local, national and international clients from a Texas base. Given the position of Texas in the legal arena, the LMA Texas Chapter will serve as a vital resource for professionals
involved in legal marketing in the state.”
“We are excited that, in the Texas Chapter’s inaugural year, Texas will be the host state of the 2012 Legal Marketing Association Annual Conference,” said Michael Webb, Texas Chapter president. “The conference brings together legal marketing and business development professionals from the U.S. and other countries, and is a perfect opportunity to provide some true Texas hospitality.”
The March 14–16 conference, themed “Leadership and Effecting Change,” will be held at the Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine, Texas, and will feature speakers, presentations, break-out sessions and networking opportunities for legal marketing and business development professionals.
Officers and directors of the LMA Texas Chapter are:
- Michael Webb, Jaffe PR – President
- Ashraf Lakhani, Porter Hedges LLP – President-elect
- Michael Blachly, Looper Reed & McGraw PC – Secretary
- Linda Hazelton, Hazelton Marketing & Management – Treasurer
- Susannah West, Brown McCarroll LLP – Director of Sponsor Relations
- Paul Grabowski, Bracewell & Giuliani LLP – Director of Programming
- Cecilia Linton, Baker Botts L.L.P. – At-large
- Christine Mitchell, Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP – At-large
- Debbie Daniels, McGinnis Lochridge & Kilgore LLP – Austin City Group Liaison
- Brandy Austin, Hermes Sargent Bates LLP – Dallas City Group Liaison
- Rebecca Garverick, Haynes and Boone LLP – Houston City Group Liaison
- Amy Payton, Haynes and Boone LLP – San Antonio City Group Liaison