Based on careful consideration and adherence to the LMA bylaws and criteria established for eligibility, the Nominating Committee is pleased to present the slate of candidates for the 2015 LMA Board of Directors. These highly qualified candidates are dedicated to the advancement of our association and pledge to expend significant energy toward that end.
Additionally, last year, the Board of Directors appointed a task force to review our nominations process and make suggestions for improvement – primarily along the lines of increasing transparency and consistency.
Task force members include:
- Heather Morse, Chair (Director of Marketing, Barger & Wolen LLP, Los Angeles, CA)
- Aleisha Gravit, Member (Chief Client Services and Marketing Officer, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, Washington, D.C.)
- Simone Hughes, Member (Chief Marketing Officer, Field Law, Calgary AB)
- Greg Lambert, Member (Director of Library & Research Services, Jackson Walker L.L.P., Houston, TX)
- Jennifer Manton, Member (Chief Marketing Officer, Loeb & Loeb LLP, New York, NY)
- Mike Olson, Consultant (Global Association Consulting, Centreville, MD)
- Betsi Roach, LMA Executive Director
The task force studied many other associations and industry best practices and made several recommendations to the Board. Those recommendations that the board approved include:
- Expanding the Nominating Committee to seven members
- A strong preference that the president-elect have served on the Board of Directors within the past 3-5 years
- Board Members-at-Large to sit out one year before running for the same position
- Enhancing the Pathways to Leadership program
- Any current Board member considered for the subsequent board shall recuse themselves from the discussion of the slate or candidates and any vote
- There shall be no communication to any nominee about the final slate until the Board has approved the slate at the July board meeting.
- If the Immediate Past President is unable to serve on the Nominating Committee, the current LMA President shall replace them with another member of the current board.
- The Nominating Committee shall then select the chair.The Nominating Committee shall be encouraged to contact references beyond those submitted by the candidate
- Once formed, members of the Nominating Committee shall not approach LMA members and urge them to consider submitting a nomination for board service.
Given these changes, the LMA Bylaws need to be amended.
Finally, this year twelve (12) LMA chapters are also presenting chapter leadership slates or contested elections. If you belong to a participating chapter, you will see that slate/ballot when you login to the site. Please make sure to fill out both.
|Ratifications must be completed by
Friday, Sept. 5, 2014, 5 p.m. central time.
To view candidate profiles and ratify the slate, click on the following URL: https://eballot4.votenet.com/lma and login using the parameters listed below.
Username: (Your LMA Member ID)
Password: (Your Last Name)
Please contact Adrianne Watson at email@example.com or
The Nominating Committee acts independently of the Board of Directors in its selection of the slate. In adherence with LMA bylaws, the slate is prepared and sent by the Nominating Committee to the membership for ratification, following approval by the Board of Directors.