Location: Western Springs, IL
The National Law Review publishes articles and regulatory alerts from the nation's premier law firms, law schools, regulatory agencies and professional associations and we also cross promote several legal and other professional events per month. We are one of the highest volume legal websites in the United States and we are looking for an additional publication specialist who will format, classify and upload articles, videos and events, relating to business legal news. We publish around the clock, so we have flexibility in scheduling but require a minimum of a three day a week commitment.
- We work with very large law firms so you must have an incredible eye for detail and be a consummate professional.
- We're a website - so excellent computer skills are non-negotiable. Need demonstrable proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive / Cloud, Outlook, Photo editing software and bulk emailing systems. CRM experience preferred. You MUST have strong computer skills coming in the door and have used them recently.
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivation, resourcefulness and a positive, can-do attitude.
- Wonderful communication skills, both written and oral with both team members and clients.
- Capacity to manage multiple concurrent projects and work well under pressure, adapt quickly, to changing requests, pride in your work and get along with others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Upload, format and classify legal news articles, videos and events and create new author profiles as needed
- Develop and send daily subject area email newsletters.
- Maintain and update contacts in bulk email system.
- Work with other team members to further develop website and add additional features and content to website.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Familiarity with law firms, professional services companies and business law concepts.
- Demonstrable experience and proficiency with Google Drive or other cloud based computing platforms, and MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Previous use of on-line publishing platforms, ideally Drupal and /or Wordpress, social media scheduling systems such as Hootsuite, and bulk emailing systems such as Constant Contact.
- Internet Research Skills / strong attention to detail.
- Personal computer and high speed internet access (if working off-site/remotely)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize and work independently.
- Willingness to work on many different tasks that may need to get done in a small, growing company.
- Ownership of individual's personal responsibilities, though many tasks may be a team effort.
Other Things to Consider:
- Most members work remotely, but all initial training will be done in office in Western Springs, and you will need to attend bi-weekly in office team meetings.
- This is a part-time position 3-5 days a week, with core business hours sometime between 9:00 am to 7:30 pm with some flexibility. You will be job sharing with another team member and supporting a website manager.
- This is a great opportunity to get on the ground floor of a growing digital publication and hit the ground running. Come check us out at www.NatLawReview.com . If this sounds like a good fit for you, APPLY TODAY!
Salary Range: Hourly – commensurate with an entry level publishing position
Contact Info: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.