On the 11th Day of Social Media, Your SIG Leaders Gave To You:
11 Social (Rock) Stars!
The one thing that social media has been able to do is break down distance barriers so we can get to know our LMA colleagues better. While the complete list of LMA’s social stars would be WAY more than 11, we wanted to give special shout-outs to:
- Lydia Bednerik. Lydia is the Marketing Director for a 60-attorney law firm in Oakland, California. She is the Governance Chair (and former president) of LMA’s Bay Area Chapter and is heavily involved with all things technology and “green.” Lydia also helped launch Wendel Rosen's first Green Practice Group. You can find Lydia tweeting away on legal marketing topics at @lydiabednerik.
- Jill Clark Rako. What would the LMA Ohio Chapter be without Jill? Jill is the Marketing, Communications & Client Services Guru/Manager at Bricker & Eckler LLP. She spoke for our Social Media SIG in 2013 on crisis communications and is serving as the 2014 Co-Chair of Your Honor Awards. To quote Jill, she’s a “legal marketer/communicator, client service evangelist, biz-dev fan, mama bear, advocate, consultant, pit bull rescuer, wine lover & francophile.” Follow her on Twitter @JillRako.
- Robert Algeri. Robert is the face of the marketing firm, “Great Jakes.” He presented at the 2013 LMA National Conference on responsive webdesign and did a follow-up presentation with our Social Media SIG this year. Unique to their design is the use of “Attorney Microsites,” customizable websites for each attorney that fit within the firm’s larger website. Pretty cool stuff outside the realm of the usual law firm website. Follow Robert on Twitter @GreatJakes.
- Our friend, Gina Rubel, the PR Lawyer from the Philly area and CEO of Furia Rubel Marketing & Public Relations. Gina also presented at 2013 LMA National and she blogs at The Legal Intelligencer. Gina and her agency have won national awards for their work in the legal marketing arena, but also for their corporate philanthropy and leadership. Through the use of social media, Gina assisted with the “Hope for Hails” campaign to help Hailey Bekos (an 8th grade student in Doylestown, PA who was diagnosed in July 2013 with a rare disease). We should all remember to continually give back. Follow Gina on Twitter @ginarubel.
- Jasmine Trillos-Decarie. Jasmine is the Director of Marketing & Business Development at Foley Hoag in Boston. She also has a unique blog, Mommy Redefined, A Modern "Type-A" Working Mom's "Mommy Blog.” She is active with the International LMA Board and the LMA New England Board of Directors. If Jasmine is presenting at your local Chapter, go! You can follow Jasmine on Twitter @JasmineDecarie.
- Adrian Lurssen. If you have been living under a rock or are new to the industry, perhaps you have not heard of @JDSupra, a unique digital publishing firm for lawyers who blog. Full disclaimer, one of our SIG Leaders, Lance, works for JD Supra. That however has benefited our group, as Adrian shares his expertise to help us do our jobs better.
- Jonathan Fitzgarrald. I first met Jonathan at a #LMA QuickStart program early in my career. I quickly realized I could learn from his leadership and expertise. He blogs on reputation management tips at Bad for the Brand. Jonathan is lucky enough to be in beautiful LA with my good friend Heather Morse (the very first person I followed on Twitter). Learn from Jonathan and don’t hesitate to share his tips with your lawyers. Follow Jonathan on Twitter @JRFitzgarrald.
- Ben Greenzweig. Ben wears big shoes and makes it look easy! He is Co-CEO of Momentum Event Group and also worked for American Conference Institute (who produces our annual conference). Who doesn’t need help putting events together? To quote LMA Past President Alycia Sutor, "I've had the pleasure of working with Ben and his team for several years as they partnered with our association to improve our annual conference year over year. Ben is a person of incredible integrity, a great business thinker and a terrific team leader." Want to learn more? Follow Ben on Twitter @BGreenzweig.
- Rebecca Wissler a/k/a Miss LMA NOLA. Becca is such a great friend to our community and serves on LMA’s Southeastern Chapter Board. Her day job -- Business Development Manager at Adams and Reese LLP. Her night/weekend job -- mother, wife, football fan and co-blogger on The Legal Shake-Up (with our SIG leader Laura). Follow her on Twitter @rebeccawissler.
- Jacqueline Madarang. She is the Marketing Technology Manager at Best Best & Krieger LLP and manages the firm's website, social media programs, CRM, and email marketing. She also is on the International LMA Technology Committee. Have you seen her tip to help attorneys be more productive using Doodle? Follow her on Twitter @JHMadarang.
- Molly Porter. Molly is the Digital Communications and Content Strategy Manager at DLA Piper in Chicago with over 4,200 stakeholders! She was a panelist at this year’s LMASE, speaking on Social Media for Business Development. Molly also moderates a LinkedIn group called Content Strategy for Law Firms and blogs on these issues at MollyPorter.com. Follow her on Twitter @molly_porter.
Have you enjoyed our #12DaysofSocialMedia? Let us know! Only one more day so so check back to see what your SIG leaders will bring you for The 12th Day of Social Media!
If you missed us last year, you may also want to check our 2012 12 Days of Social Media. You can find them right here!
The 12 days of Social Media are a sliver of what you get when you're an LMA Social Media SIG member. We host regular Social Media webinars with experts inside and outside of the legal profession. As a member of the Social Media SIG, these posts and invitations will be sent to you automatically via the Groups ediscussion Forum.
To get full benefits, and advance notice of our events, please join:
- The Social Media SIG
- The LinkedIn LMA Social Media SIG private group
- The LMA Social Media private group on Facebook, and
- If you're not already a member of LMA, please join us here.
Happy Holidays from your Social Media SIG Leaders!
- Lindsay Griffiths, International Lawyers Network
- Laura Toledo, Bowman and Brooke
- Gail Lamarche, Henderson Franklin
- Nancy Myrland, Myrland Marketing & Social Media
- Lance Godard, JD Supra
Missed any of our 2013 12 Days? Here are the posts you'll want to see!
- Ten Rockin' Resources
- Nine Bloggers Blogging
- Eight Challenges to Cynics
- Seven LinkedIn Lessons
- Six (LMA) Social Spaces
- Five (Funky) Fearless Leaders Videos
- Four Valuable Visual Tools
- Three Facebook Functions
- Two Social Slip-Ups
- ...and a Social Media Policy in a Pear Tree!