LMA Competitive Intelligence Certificate
Get the Intelligence that Sets Your Firm Apart
The 2018 LMA Competitive Intelligence Certificate program will be held November 7-8, 2018, in New York City. Please keep an eye out for more information.
Discover What You'll Learn
The CIC program's educational goals include:
- Create intelligence and identify state-of-the-art sources
- Apply the most efficient and effective strategies for finding and analyzing information
- Analyze privately held companies and subsidiaries
- Use the latest Internet intelligence tools and techniques
- Confirm rumors and improve management decision-making
- Construct an early warning approach to monitor a rival’s changing product, service and market shifts
- Analyze an industry’s evolutionary paths
- Better understand any third party – be it a competitor, client, regulator or your own firm
- Link intelligence to strategy in your firm
- Develop your own “intelligence perspective” to stand out as more than data collector
LMA-CIC attendees will also have the opportunity to learn from Mark T. Greene, Ph.D., who will directly translate the program’s material to the legal industry. After more than a decade as CMO at AmLaw 200 firms, Mark T. Greene, Ph.D., is a freelance consultant. For three decades, Mark has been one of the pioneers in legal marketing and business development. He is a frequent speaker and writer regarding market research, competitive intelligence, branding and business strategy for professional service firms. Mark was inducted into the Legal Marketing Association's Hall of Fame in 2008, is a distinguished graduate alumni of the University of North Carolina, is president-elect of the College of Law Practice Management, was named in the inaugural list of "Business of Law Trailblazers & Pioneers" by the National Law Journal, is certified by the Academy of Competitive Intelligence as a Master-Level CI Practitioner, and was a 2014 winner of Nashville Business Journal’s CMOs of the Year Award. Mark was trained by GE as a Six Sigma Black Belt and Champion.
Outside the marketing world, Mark is active on behalf of environmental organizations, and is a master SCUBA diver, Boy Scout leader and avid cyclist.