PLEASE NOTE: Attendance is limited to qualified applicants who have sole responsibility for leading the marketing and/or business development efforts for their firm. To ensure a collegial, interactive setting the CMO Summit is limited to 40 participants. To ensure a broad experience base, only one participant per firm may register on a first come, first served basis.
The secrets to making bad relationships better and good relationships great
When it comes right down to it, a CMO’s primary job is managing relationships. Their personal success and the success of their department is directly related to their ability to build and maintain strong and loyal relationships with their staff, with their firm’s attorneys, with their managing partners and marketing/BD committees, and with clients, vendors, and strategic allies.
Unfortunately, the daily routine of completing tasks, assigning work, and sitting through endless meetings often leaves little time to develop and master this essential skill. This 1-day summit was created by LMA to help CMO’s develop and hone those critical relationship skills that too often are neglected or underutilized following a format that will be sure to challenge and improve the most seasoned CMOs as well as those new to the top.
Summit Overview & Benefits
Utilizing interactive group exercises and individual coaching, James, Sue, and Barry will help participants understand the brain science behind true loyalty and the benefits a CMO can receive when they uncover the behaviors that may be negatively impacting their own relationships and those with their staff. Participants will learn new methods and tactics that can make their most important relationships nearly unbreakable. Using examples from actual law firms and legal marketing departments, the goal is to teach participants what to do, not simply what to think, and complete the workshop with both a realistic assessment of their most important connections, along with a personalized Action Plan they can implement right away.
8:00 a.m. Registration and Breakfast
8:45 a.m. Co-Chairs’ Opening Remarks
Summit Co-Chairs and Leaders
Chief Marketing Officer
Chief Marketing Officer
Sidley Austin LLP
“ We and many of our peer CMOs have heard nationally renowned expert Jim Kane speak about his research on human behavior that builds and sustains loyalty. In addition to being a hit as our 2012 LMA keynote speaker, Jim has presented to major law firms around the country including our firms, Thompson Hine LLP and Sidley Austin LLP. As CMOs, we strive to build loyalty across our team, and between our team and the lawyers in our firm, not to mention between our lawyers and our clients. We couldn’t be more excited that Jim will be adapting his interactive workshop to focus on the unique challenges, and all too frequent pain points, of a law firm CMO. ”
- Discover the drivers responsible for loyal relationships
- Learn the signals that trigger trust and how the brain processes impressions
- Understand how to establish the critical sense ofbelonging by demonstrating recognition, insight, proactivity, inclusion, and identity
- Learn how to formulate and execute a relationship strategy and Action Plan
- Learn to make an informed decision about whether, how, and when to invest in specific relationships
- Develop communication skills that engender loyalty
- Determine communication weak spots that could be impacting your relationships
- Learn to improve collaboration methods to build relationships with your team and organization
- Learn to develop loyal client relationships by utilizing a team or organization approach
- Learn to communicate and share relevant information throughout your team and organization
* Lunch will be served at 12:15 p.m. for CMO Summit participants along with a morning and afternoon refreshment break.
Summit presented by:
Speaker, and Author
The author of two upcoming books, The Loyalty Switch and Virtually Loyal, Kane has worked with every major industry, while advising and training organizations ranging from Global 1000 giants to small, regional companies, non-profits, and professional associations. As one of the most quoted and profiled authorities on loyalty in the traditional mainstream media, as well as niche publications, industry newsletters, and the blogosphere, James has been profiled and quoted in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Business Week, TIME Magazine, the BBC, and numerous other global and industry publications. He is a frequent guest on CNN, CNBC and FOX Business. A graduate of the University of Notre Dame, James has served as a guest instructor at Harvard University and The Pennsylvania State University.
5:00 p.m. Program Conclusion