May 7, 2019 | 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Jay Harrington, Co-Founder and Chief Strategist, HC Communications
Marketing legal services means waging a war for attention. Even if you have something important and interesting to share, the odds are that very few people will read, see, or hear it. Every day, more than 100 billion emails are sent, 3 million blog posts are published, and 500 million Tweets are posted. With all this noise, how can you possibly break through? The answer, put simply, is Visual Storytelling. Creating visual content that tells a story and focuses on what matters to clients is the key to standing out. Creating engaging, eye-catching visual content, such as infographics, animated videos, Slideshare decks, and social media graphics, grabs attention, enhances comprehension, and sticks with a viewer far better than written content alone in today’s information-saturated world. Visual storytelling is an important part of marketing new content, as well as breathing new life into existing, evergreen, written content on a firm’s website or blog.
This presentation will cover:
- What is visual storytelling
- Why is visual storytelling “sticky” and engaging
- Why visual storytelling helps firms achieve their content marketing objectives
- How to create and execute a visual storytelling strategy
- Why repurposing existing, evergreen, written content using visual storytelling offers such great ROI
Live Speaker Location:
Howard & Howard
450 West 4th Street
Royal Oak, Michigan 48067
Lunch will be provided for In-Person attendees
Note: You must be logged in to the LMA website to receive the member rate.
About The Presenter
Jay Harrington is an attorney-turned-marketer who is the co-founder and owner of Harrington Communications, a legal marketing and creative services agency that serves law firms across the country with brand strategy, website design and development, content marketing, and other creative services. He is the author of two books, including One of a Kind Lawyer: A Proven Path to a Profitable Law Practice, and the recently released The Essential Associate: Step Up, Stand Out, and Rise to the Top as a Young Lawyer. Before starting his agency, Jay practiced law at Skadden in Chicago, Foley & Lardner in Detroit, and founded a boutique law firm in Detroit. He is a graduate of the University of Michigan Law School. You can find his writing at Attorney at Work, JD Supra, and his own blog Simply Stated.
- REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED BEFORE THE EVENT BEGINS.
- Walk-Ins must still register online (i.e., using a smartphone, tablet, or other device). Upon completion of registration, you can either pay online, present a check at registration, or agree to be invoiced after the event.
- Payment using credit/debit card is only available online.
- Checks made payable to "LMA Midwest Region" will be accepted at the door.
- No cash payments will be accepted.
LMA Midwest Region reserves the right to cancel the registration of any registrant with an outstanding balance.
Should you need to cancel your registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to May 2. According to LMA Midwest Region policy, all no-shows and cancellations after May 2 will be billed the late registration rate.