February 22, 2019 | 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Karen D. Griggs, CLM, Executive Director, Baker Sterchi Cowden & Rice, L.L.C.
Managing a law firm’s finances and profitability is increasingly more challenging as clients continue to reduce outside legal spend. Competition from other firms, international companies and alternative legal providers puts additional pressure on legal marketing professionals to help attorneys hustle for new business. Understanding the numbers is the first step toward ensuring a firm’s business development activities are truly contributing to the firm’s success.
- Playing with a Full Deck. Attendees will gain insight into the economics of revenue, operating expenses and net income;
- Roll the Dice? Attendees will learn the significance of billing rates, realization and alternative fee arrangements;
- Jackpot or Bust? Attendees will learn the basics of profits per partner, revenue per lawyer and using metrics to evaluate profitability.
In addition to Members and friends of the Legal Marketing Association (LMA), this program is available to Members of the Association of Legal Administrators (ALA) at the LMA Member rate.
2345 Grand Boulevard
Kansas City, Missouri 64108
Complimentary parking is available at 2345 Grand Blvd. Please park in any space not marked “Reserved.” Please pull a parking ticket as you enter the garage, and our receptionist will validate your ticket at the front desk. Proceed to the 22nd floor for the LMA program.
$25 LMA Members
$35 Non-Members and any registrations after February 19
Note: You must be logged in to the LMA website to receive the member rate.
No Valid Registration Types [details]
About the Presenter
Karen D. Griggs, CLM, is the Executive Director of Baker Sterchi Cowden & Rice, L.L.C. (BSCR) in Kansas City, Missouri. BSCR has been recognized by Ingram’s Magazine as one of Kansas City’s Best Places to Work and is a member of The Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, an organization of corporate chief legal officers and law firm managing partners dedicated to creating a truly diverse legal profession. Karen is a Past President of the Association of Legal Administrators (ALA), an international association which supports approximately 10,000 professionals involved in the management of law firms, corporate legal departments and government legal agencies. She served on the Board of Directors for ALA from 2006-2012, and has served in numerous leadership positions at the local, regional and international levels since 1995. Karen was honored in the inaugural group of Kansas City’s Top Ten Legal Leaders in 2004, the only non-lawyer to receive this prestigious award. She is a member of ABA’s Law Practice Division and has served on the Education Board, Sponsorship Committee and was Chair of its annual marketing conference in 2014.
- REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED BEFORE THE EVENT BEGINS.
- Walk-Ins must still register online (i.e., using a smartphone, tablet, or other device). Upon completion of registration, you can either pay online, present a check at registration, or agree to be invoiced after the event.
- Payment using credit/debit card is only available online.
- Checks made payable to "LMA Midwest Region" will be accepted at the door.
- No cash payments will be accepted.
LMA Midwest Region reserves the right to cancel the registration of any registrant with an outstanding balance.
Should you need to cancel your registration, please contact email@example.com prior to February 19. According to LMA Midwest Region policy, all no-shows and cancellations after February 19 will be billed the late registration rate.