January 22, 2019 | 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Mark Beese, President, Leadership for Lawyers
Does your firm need to reboot? The legal landscape is changing as client expectations evolve and innovations are introduced every day. Join this workshop to discuss disruptive market forces that drive legal buying behavior, gain access to a diagnostic tool to identify strategic options for firms and practice groups, and discuss a framework for strategy development. This will be a highly engaging and participative workshop appropriate for LMA members of all levels.
- Gain an understanding of the dynamic nature of the legal marketplace today and how the market is being disrupted by new players and technology.
- Identify the connection between market trends and strategic options, focusing on two strategic options – Solution Provider and Talent Provider – to illustrate the need to define a strategic direction.
- Participate in a “diagnostic” evaluation relating to a practice group or firm strategic position, which will provide input on whether participant should consider a Solution or Talent Provider strategy.
- Evaluate a case study or learn about an example of how each strategy might be implemented.
100 South Fourth Street
St. Louis, Missouri 63102
It is recommended to use the Stadium East garage – entering on the Broadway side of the garage. Parking will not be validated.
Lunch will be provided.
$25 LMA Members
$35 Non-Members and any registrations after January 18
Note: You must be logged in to the LMA website to receive the member rate.
No Valid Registration Types [details]
About The Presenter
Mark Beese is President of Leadership for Lawyers, LLC, a consultancy focused on helping lawyers and other professionals become better leaders and business developers. He provides training, coaching and consultation to firms in the areas of leadership development, business development and marketing. His clients range from small firms to global Amlaw 100 firms. He is a frequent speaker on the topic of leadership to law firms, professional associations and law firm networks.
Mark has more than 20 years of experience as an in-house chief marketing officer/marketing director for professional services firms. Mark is the former Chief Marketing Officer for Holland & Hart, a 450-attorney law firm with 15 offices throughout the Mountain West of the United States. Mark is an inductee in the LMA Hall of Fame and a Fellow of the College of Law Practice Management (COLPM). He is an adjunct faculty at the University of Denver School of Law and with the Center for Creative Leadership. Mark is Co-Chair of the Hall of Fame and Next Big Thing Committees. He is a professional member of the National Speakers Association and the International Leadership Association.
- REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED BEFORE THE EVENT BEGINS.
- Walk-Ins must still register online (i.e., using a smartphone, tablet, or other device). Upon completion of registration, you can either pay online, present a check at registration, or agree to be invoiced after the event.
- Payment using credit/debit card is only available online.
- Checks made payable to "LMA Midwest Region" will be accepted at the door.
- No cash payments will be accepted.
LMA Midwest Region reserves the right to cancel the registration of any registrant with an outstanding balance.
Should you need to cancel your registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to January 18. According to LMA Midwest Region policy, all no-shows and cancellations after January 18 will be billed the late registration rate.