June 20, 2018 | 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Jim Durham, CEO of Clark Hill PLC
The legal landscape is changing as client expectations evolve and innovations are introduced every day. Join this workshop to discuss disruptive market forces that drive legal buying behavior, gain access to a diagnostic tool to identify strategic options for firms and practice groups, and discuss a framework for strategy development. This will be a highly engaging and participative workshop appropriate for LMA members of all levels.
- Gain an understanding of the dynamic nature of the legal marketplace today and how the market is being disrupted by new players and technology.
- Identify the connection between market trends and strategic options, focusing on two strategic options – Solution Provider and Talent Provider – to illustrate the need to define a strategic direction.
- Participate in a “diagnostic” evaluation relating to a practice group or firm strategic position, which will provide input on whether participant should consider a Solution or Talent Provider strategy.
- Hear at least two real-life examples of how firms implemented each strategy successfully.
Who should attend:
- Marketing and Business Development professionals at all levels
BoK: Business of Law
Hogan Lovells US LLP
555 Thirteenth Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004
LMA Members Early Bird (through June 4th) $30.00
LMA Members Late Registration (beginning June 5th) $40.00
Prospective Members Early Bird (through June 4th) $45.00
Prospective Members Late Registration (beginning June 5th) $60.00
Note: You must be logged in to the LMA website to receive the member rate.
No Valid Registration Types [details]
About Our Presenter
Jim Durham is a veteran attorney who has worked with hundreds of professional service firms as a consultant and trainer, developing sales, marketing and management strategies designed to change the way lawyers and clients work together. Jim has been a consultant to several in-house legal departments and served as the Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer for three AmLaw100 firms. He was also General Counsel and VP of Marketing for Senior Tour Players, Inc., and the Sr. VP of Sponsorship for MLB Advanced Media (MLB.Com). He is the author of The Essential Little Book of Great Lawyering, and is co-editor and contributing author of the American Bar Association’s book: The Lawyer’s Guide to Marketing Your Practice. In 2010, Jim was inducted into the Legal Marketing Association Hall of Fame.
Jim is a dynamic keynote speaker, and an engaging trainer and coach. He currently serves as the Chief Marketing Officer for Clark Hill, a fast-growing international law firm.
If you do not remember your username or password, select "Username and/or Password Help", enter the email account associated with your LMA membership, and follow the prompts. Non-members may also create guest logins.