August 5, 2020 | 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM Central
Dean Lincoln Hyers, Founder and Principal | SagePresence
Professional Services are presented by and sold through the people who deliver them. In the field of law, presenting can be part of the service as well, especially in the courtroom.
Unfortunately, presentation skills are not created equally, and now the world has gone virtual, separating us from our clients and prospects and adding new issues like camera angle, background, lighting, along with the necessity to sound bite, inspire, forge connections, and show team synergy through the lens.
This presentation — made by pitch trainers with film backgrounds and courtroom experience — is for teams who present together, win projects together, and now have to pitch, speak, and meet virtually.
Bring your questions, roadblocks, challenges and goals and learn tangible methodology for screen presence:
- Project confidence and warmth under pressure
- Tag team with multiple speakers to show synergy
- Be interesting (if not charismatic) as a presenter, especially if you’re, introverted or shy
- Do the impossible with anxiety — literally convert fear into excitement
- Sound bite using a universal message-design system that separates points and details
- Adapt to audiences of different personality types with different communication needs
- Forge a connection remotely
Body of Knowledge (BoK): Business Development
No Valid Registration Types [details]
About The Presenter
A seasoned speaker, expert storyteller, co-author of Winning AEC Interviews, Dean Hyers has coached over $5 billion in winning competitive presentations within Architecture, Engineering, and Construction. Dean has worked in the legal industry developing closing arguments to win over juries, as well as teaching and coaching courtroom presence, value propositioning and networking. A former filmmaker, Dean can differentiate between stage presence and screen presence, helping you project warmth and confidence as you inspire audiences live or virtually. View additional information on Dean Hyers.
- REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED BEFORE THE EVENT BEGINS.
LMA Midwest Region reserves the right to cancel the registration of any registrant with an outstanding balance.
Should you need to cancel your registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to August 3. According to LMA Midwest Region policy, all no-shows and cancellations after August 3 will be billed the late registration rate.