October 22, 2019 | 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
As legal marketers, we are constantly looking for the ‘thing’ that can distinguish our firms and help us drive more business. The 2019 Next Big Thing (NBT) from LMA, chaired by Deborah McMurray (CEO, Content Pilot) and Brenda Plowman (CMO, Fasken) offer that service is the Next Big Thing in Legal Marketing.
The culture and structure of law firms have historically made institutional changes in service difficult to achieve. However, a shift is taking place that focuses on service through critical conversations. Join this interactive workshop that focuses on the four foundational stages of Service Metamorphosis – stages 1 (egg), 2 (caterpillar), 3 (chrysalis) and 4 (butterfly). Attendees will analyze and identify where their firms fit on the Service Metamorphosis Continuum and the things that they can and will commit to do when they return to their offices. In addition, attendees will learn how to initiate and have vital conversations around service with important stakeholders in their law firms.
We will review two actual law firm case studies that will include best practices and a proven path to success. This regional program will be highly interactive and applicable to marketing and business development professionals at all levels – and for firms of any size.
- Discuss best practices, tips and tricks that will guide the vital and collaborative conversations for your firm.
- Review tools and a roadmap that will help you get closer to your firm’s performance improvement objectives after each stage of Service Metamorphosis.
- Identify tools to elevate the profile of you and your marketing/BD colleagues in the eyes of the partnership and its management team.
Body of Knowledge (BoK): Client Services, Business Development
Perkins Coie LLP
131 South Dearborn Street
Chicago, Illinois 60603
Lunch will be provided.
$30 LMA Members
$50 LMA Non-Members and any registrations after October 18
*Complimentary Webcast for LMA Members who do not have access to local programming provided by a Local Steering Committee. If you qualify for the Complimentary Webcast, email email@example.com for a discount code to register for free. You will receive a follow-up email the day prior to the Webcast wtih login details. Webcast will run from 12:05 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. CST.
Note: LMA Members must be logged in to the LMA website to receive the member rate.
About The Presenter
Jonathan Mattson serves as the Director of Business Development for BakerHostetler, a law firm with over 940 lawyers across the US. Jon is responsible for stimulating profitable revenue growth through the implementation of client development processes and the leadership of the business development team of 25 who enable and drive the business development efforts of 70 practice teams, 14 offices and seven industry sectors.
Previously Jon was Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer at Tucker Ellis where he was responsible for revenue growth, new client generation, brand awareness, and instilling a culture of client service and business development throughout the firm. Before coming to law firms, Jon spent most of his career in Big Four accounting serving in a unique blend of roles including external business development to some of the firm’s largest clients, a geography marketing leadership role, and a client service/timekeeper role within a state and local tax practice.
- REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED BEFORE THE EVENT BEGINS.
- Walk-Ins must still register online (i.e., using a smartphone, tablet, or other device). Upon completion of registration, you can either pay online, present a check at registration, or agree to be invoiced after the event.
- Payment using credit/debit card is only available online.
- Checks made payable to "LMA Midwest Region" will be accepted at the door.
- No cash payments will be accepted.
LMA Midwest Region reserves the right to cancel the registration of any registrant with an outstanding balance.
Should you need to cancel your registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to October 18. According to LMA Midwest Region policy, all no-shows and cancellations after October 18 will be billed the late registration rate.