August 15, 2019 | 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Law firms have an unlimited assortment of events to sponsor for business development, branding and thought leadership purposes. What’s often missing is a means to evaluate whether these expenditures worked or not.
Firm leadership today expects discipline and accountability with such expenditures.
This presentation is designed to help junior and senior level marketers evaluate and implement sponsorships that produce results against strategic business goals.
Many legal marketers struggle with these seven issues:
- Which metrics to use to determine event success
- Which events are worthy of sponsorship
- How to sell the value of an event to firm leadership
- How to select the right staff members to attend
- How to get your staff to effectively work the room
- How to help your staff continue relationships after the event
- How to track event results
- Event sponsorships must produce tangible business results
- Results require planning and executional excellence
- A firm must use an objective evaluation process to select the right events to sponsor
- Events lacking top executive buy-in should be avoided
- Activation is what determines long-term relationships at events
To help our presenters customize their remarks, they request you complete this brief survey on event sponsorships by 5pm Central time on Tuesday, August 13, 2019. It should take less than five minutes to finish.
Body of Knowledge (BoK): Business Development, Communications, Client Services
Marshall, Gerstein & Borun LLP
233 South Wacker Drive
6300 Willis Tower
Chicago, Illinois 60606-6357
Lunch will be provided.
$30 LMA Members
$50 LMA Non-Members and any registrations after August 12
*Complimentary Webcast for LMA Members who do not have access to local programming provided by a Local Steering Committee. If you qualify for the Complimentary Webcast, email email@example.com for a discount code to register for free. You will receive a follow-up email the day prior to the Webcast wtih login details. Webcast will run from 12:05 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. CST.
Note: LMA Members must be logged in to the LMA website to receive the member rate.
No Valid Registration Types [details]
About The Presenters
Bob Silvy, Senior Vice President Local Ad Revenue, American City Business Journals:
American City is the nation’s largest print and digital publisher of local business news with properties in 43 markets. He is a frequent speaker on sponsorship strategy and activation at industry conferences and educational events for American City’s clients. He advises C-level executives on new approaches to improve tangible results from event sponsorship investments.
Ulrike Harrison, Chief Executive Officer, USH Associates:
After over 20 years as CMO and CGO in professional services firms Harrison is now CEO of USH Associates, a consulting firm that works with professional services firms to design and implement growth strategies by discovering market opportunities and assisting clients in creating relevant solutions that provide agility for sustainable, profitable growth. The firm collaborates on all tasks, from the smallest detail to the design of overall market strategies. Harrison is known for her ability to partner with boards and leadership to understand their vision and assist in translating it into reality.
Harrison is a sought-after speaker at national conferences and firm meetings.
- REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED BEFORE THE EVENT BEGINS.
- Walk-Ins must still register online (i.e., using a smartphone, tablet, or other device). Upon completion of registration, you can either pay online, present a check at registration, or agree to be invoiced after the event.
- Payment using credit/debit card is only available online.
- Checks made payable to "LMA Midwest Region" will be accepted at the door.
- No cash payments will be accepted.
LMA Midwest Region reserves the right to cancel the registration of any registrant with an outstanding balance.
Should you need to cancel your registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to August 12. According to LMA Midwest Region policy, all no-shows and cancellations after August 12 will be billed the late registration rate.