On March 26 and 27, Legal Marketing Association – Southern California hosted Jim Jarrell, SVP of Marketing and Business Development at Jaffe, as he presented “Your 2019 BD Goals Are Set. Now What?”
With the first quarter in the books, your plans are in place and your SMART goals are set. However, as business developers in the trenches we all face (major and minor) roadblocks. Jim provided a list of what those potential roadblocks might be and the group discussed tactical advice to keep plans on track.
In case you missed it, here are some tips to navigate roadblocks:
- Be intentional – there should be a strategic reason for everything in your action plan
- Be consistent – a business development culture cannot take hold until it becomes part of the attorney’s discipline
- Be accountable – integrate a way to hold yourself and your attorneys accountable for progress
- Be prepared – resistance has a LOT of faces; be prepared to coach up to keep the attorneys focused
- Celebrate wins – do it early and often to lessen the blow when progress slows
Thank you to Jim for making it out to the West Coast!