Virtual Programming & Social Connecting Through September 1, 2020
We are #OneLMA and together we will work through and emerge from this pandemic ans these extraordinarily challenging times more resilient and stronger than before. Per recently updated federal, state and local guidelines, the Southwest Region Board has made a decision to extend our recommendation for virtual Region and Local events through September 1, 2020.
Our Local Steering Committee Leaders together with our Region Board will continue to provide timely educational programming and social connectivity via virtual platforms during this time. Please check our Southwest Region Events page for the latest in upcoming programs.
We know that our LMA colleagues may find themselves in transition at this time. It is important to remember that a paid LMA membership is valid for the entire calendar year and remains with the individual regardless of their employment status. Here are a few membership benefits that may help anyone currently in transition:
- Careers in Transition - Open to all LMA members and led by our colleagues in the LMA Midwest Region, this programming will include webinars on best practices for navigating a career transition and will incorporate opportunities to participate in smaller group roundtables to discuss transition topics. Participants also have access to industry-leading online resources. Complete this brief survey to participate.
- In-transition Membership is available to members at their renewal time who are unemployed and seeking new positions. The fee for an in-transition membership is $132.50 for six months, with the possibility of extending to a total of 12 months at no additional charge. In-transition members receive access to all of the benefits available to individual members. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request to apply for an in-transition membership.
LMA has resources to support is members in being resilient, healthy, and whole during these extraordinarily challenging times. Please make use of the COVID-19 resources that are available to all members:
- LMA Northeast COVID-19 Focus Group - an open Facebook group that provides best practice sharing, responsive messaging, latest news and template creation related to COVID-19 for your own organizations
- LMA COVID-19: Collaboration & Resource Hub - To help support you during this ever-evolving time, this Collaboration & Resource Hub is a collection of LMA and external resources covering a variety of timely topics as well as a discussion forum for you to collaborate with fellow LMA members.
- LMA Well-Being Resource Center - LMA has created this Well-Being Resource Center and a Well-Being Committee to support legal professionals in being resilient, healthy, and whole. The information and tools in the center are for our members and all in the legal industry to access in order to help them and their teams feel supported, safe, engaged, and healthy.