Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) continues to be a hot topic in the legal industry. Yet, many of us are struggling to figure out how to start the conversation at our firms, or we have “hit the wall” in our current efforts.
Whether you want to begin or accelerate D&I efforts within your firm, this new workshop – Developing a Roadmap for Deliberate Diversity and Informed Inclusion – is for you!
Through breakout sessions and facilitated group debriefs, you will hear perspectives about D&I topics and walk away with best practices, new ideas and tactics.
You will learn:
- How to build the case for a D&I program at your firm
- How to define and establish a significant role for the CMO/CBDMO serving on — or seeking to serve on — your firm’s D&I committee
- How to foster an inclusive environment
- Tying D&I to revenue generation
- Combating “tokenism” and addressing D&I fatigue
- Diversity metrics or taking a data-driven approach to D&I
- What you need to know about ABA 113, Mansfield Rule, LCLD and CLOC
- How to start affinity and resource groups
- Working with your firm to disrupt and overcome unconscious bias
- Best practices in recruiting and hiring more diverse law firm marketing and business development teams
- Improving D&I within your own ranks
Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer
Nixon Peabody LLP
Rafeedah A. Keys
Senior Marketing Manager
Perkins Coie LLP
Doneene K. Damon
Current Executive Vice President and President-elect
Richards Layton & Finger, PA