Are you interested in getting involved with LMA at the local level? LMA Northwest is looking for volunteers who want to help make a difference in our industry, contribute ideas and inspire others to get involved. Any member who meets the below criteria is eligible for service on the Local Steering Committee (LSC).
Please submit all nominations using the 2020 Expression of Interest Form no later than Tuesday, September 3, 2019. Members may nominate themselves or nominate others.
We are seeking nominations for the following roles on the committee:
- Committee Vice Chair – Seattle (3-year term, ascends to Chair in 2nd year and Immediate Past Chair in 3rd year)
- Committee Vice Chair – Portland (3-year term, ascends to Chair in 2nd year and Immediate Past Chair in 3rd year)
- Secretary (one-year term in 2020)
- Programs Chair – Seattle (one-year term in 2020)
- Programs Chair – Portland (one-year term in 2020)
- Membership Chair – Seattle (one-year term in 2020)
- Membership Chair – Portland (one-year term in 2020)
- Technology Chair (one-year term in 2020)
- Each nominee must have been a member of the Legal Marketing Association for at least one year at the time of nomination.
- A candidate must be a member in good standing (i.e. dues must be current) and they must have been a member for at least one year in the Region that they will serve.
- A candidate must have approval of employer, if applicable, to participate in board service.
- No individual may serve on more than one LMA board (international, regional or local steering committee) at any one time.
Process for Initial Expression of Interest:
- Your Expression of Interest must be submitted by 5:00PM Central on Tuesday, September 3, 2019.
- The information you submit must include an electronic photo (jpeg preferred).
- Please note, your submitted materials will be used in the public regional slate sent to members for ratification. We may edit for space availability, grammar and style.
Upon receipt of completed Expressions of Interest form and verification of eligibility, the Nominating Committees will contact candidates with next steps.
If you have any questions about the nominations process, please reach out to Kim Oakley, LMA Northwest Nominating Committee Chair. If you have questions about serving on the LSC, please contact 2020 Chair, Carlene Richardson.
Thank you for your interest in the Northwest Local Steering Committee.