LMA Boston’s Small Firm SIG and Digital Marketing & Social Media SIG hosted a joint program, “Content Strategy and Promotion,” on September 28. The speaker, Stefanie Marrone, the Director of Business Development and Marketing at mid-size NYC firm Tarter Krinsky & Drogin LLP, focused on how marketers can collaborate with attorneys to create relevant and engaging content that can be shared across multiple platforms, with a special focus on social media. The in-person program was also available by webinar, enabling LMA members from around New England to participate.
Key takeaways included:
- Determine your top content channels such as email, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc. Figure out which channels work best for your firm (and your target audiences) and focus your content strategy efforts on those.
- Work with your public relations and business development teams on strategy. Your content strategy and BD strategy should align.
- Leverage your attorneys’ social media connections to amplify the reach of each piece of content distributed by your firm. Conduct social media trainings to make sure they know how to share your firm’s content.
- Think about “show” vs. “tell” in your content – it’s the difference between saying “I’m a world renowned lawyer” and demonstrating it through thought leadership.
- Be sure to COPE – “Create Once, Publish Everywhere” to smartly and efficiently leverage your content. Use a content calendar to help you plan out posts.
- Use analytics to help you create more of the content that resonates with your target audiences and less of what doesn’t.
- Take photos at every event and share (you can easily do this with your iPhone). Posts with photos typically get the most engagement.
To learn more about LMA Boston Shared Interest Groups, click here.