2015 Legal Marketing Technology Conference/West Recordings
*Produced by the LMA Bay Area Chapter
Domain: Technology Management
A lot has been changing recently in the world of CRM systems for law firms. There are new systems, products and modules, new features being added to existing systems and new hosting options. As a result, the selection and implementation processes can seem daunting.
But not to worry, during this CRM workshop, CRM consultants and a panel of seasoned marketing professionals from firms of different types and sizes, and who utilize different CRM technologies, will walk attendees through the selection process as well as the variety of options such as:
- Signature scraping
- Opportunity pipeline and activity tracking
- Business card scanning
- Relationship scoring
- Company data enhancement
It’s also critical to remember that success with choosing the right CRM system and features depends more on your firm’s needs than the technology. So we’ll talk you through how to analyze firm and attorney needs to come up with ways to solve problems, automate processes, enhance business development efforts - and ultimately drive adoption.
- Participants will engage in an interactive discussion and exchange of ideas focusing on a variety of relevant CRM topics and best practices for CRM success including:
- Assessing firm CRM needs and opportunities for success
- Moving the focus from technology ‘bells and whistles’ to solutions to problems
- Evaluating CRM product options, features and functions
- Making smart CRM investments including time, money and people
- Making informed decisions regarding system and product integration
Chris Fritsch, CRM Success Consultant, ClientsFirst Consulting
Michael Warren, Founder, Stanton Allen Limited
Michelle Rutz, Business Development & Marketing Director, Barack Ferrazzano Kirschbaum & Nagelberg LLP
Allyn Stone, Vice President, Duff & Phelps
Member Price: $0
Prospective Member Price: $59
This session includes video, audio and synced presentations for an enhanced virtual learning experience.