JOB TITLE: Marketing & Business Development Manager
POSITION SUMMARY/JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Marketing and Business Development Manager will work closely with the Director of Marketing and key attorneys across the firm to support the firm's Practice Group, Industry Group and individual attorney marketing goals. This position will handle the marketing and business development functions across the firm in line with overall firm strategic initiatives. This position is also responsible for developing and implementing the day-to-day marketing activities to support the firm, including events and relevant pitches.
A career at Buchalter Nemer is an opportunity to do exciting work with a dynamic and rapidly growing law firm. We value an energizing and supportive environment that promotes success for our clients and each other.
- Lead marketing and business development-related initiatives firm-wide.
- Strategize with attorneys to identify and implement appropriate local marketing initiatives. Incorporate knowledge of relevant industries and business practices into firm-wide business strategies; and develop responsive solutions to support practice groups and individual attorneys.
- Implement firm-wide marketing and business development solutions.
- Develop strong, responsive relationships with practice groups and industry group leaders.
- Collaborate closely with management to ensure plans and projects integrate with and support firm-wide and practice/industry group strategies.
- Work with Shareholders to seek out cross-selling opportunities; develop and execute on related initiatives, in particular those opportunities between Los Angeles and our other offices.
- Identify and organize a core set of regional businesses and resources (e.g., community organizations, local publications, and related professionals) for the firm to pursue.
- Responsible for marketing orientation for new hires.
- Travel to other firm offices and/or events as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum of 6 years of marketing experience, preferably in a major law firm and/or professional services environment, with 3 years in a management role.
- Local candidates with knowledge of the Southern California legal market, business environment, and media outlets preferred.
- Must have event management experience including coordination, execution, and staffing.
- Client driven team player. Take ownership of projects and know how to fully utilize resources. Must be detail oriented, proactive, self-directed, and able to multi-task effectively in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Familiar with, and comfortable using marketing databases.
- Willing and able to “roll up the sleeves” and handle any aspect (from administrative to supervisory) of marketing tasks across the firm.
- Clear and effective communication, both verbal and written. Share information in a concise, thoughtful and courteous manner.
- Able to work effectively with a diverse group of clients (attorneys, professional staff, etc.).
- Creative, collaborative, and discreet; ability to build positive business relationships, both internally and externally.
- Completes projects in a timely manner while maintaining a high level of excellence.
- Has a strong grasp of competitive intelligence and other research tools.