PURPOSE OF SCHOLARSHIP
The Legal Marketing Association (LMA) fosters the personal and professional development of its members through educational opportunities at the international and regional level. LMA Northeast Region has developed a scholarship fund for three individuals to attend the LMA Annual Conference to be held in New Orleans from April 9-11, 2018. Each scholarship is valued at up to $3,000* and includes conference registration, roundtrip travel, and hotel accommodations. To learn more about the conference, visit the conference website.
Applicants must complete the attached application form and provide relevant personal and professional information, including narrative answers to a series of questions, a current resume, two professional references and a letter of recommendation. Applications are due by 5:00pm EST on February 22, 2018. Scholarship recipients will be notified of their selection on or before March 9, 2018.
SELECTION CRITERIA & REQUIREMENTS FOR WINNERS
- Be a current member in good standing within the Northeast Region
- Provide two professional references that may be contacted for further information
- Provide one letter of recommendation – suggested sources are employer, former employer, LMA member or colleague
- Not be a past recipient of the LMA Northeast Region scholarship
- Have approval from your direct supervisor to attend the conference
If selected, the recipients must:
- Agree to have their profiles promoted in various LMA publications
- Provide a summary of at least one session at the conference for publication on the Regional Website and Newsletter
- Agree to serve as an active volunteer for a region-wide initiative in 2018, which may include the nominating committee, the regional conference committee, or other task forces
* The scholarships are only for the 2018 LMA Annual Conference, are non-transferrable, and do not carry cash value. LMA Northeast Regional Board Members are not eligible to win. Winners must provide receipts to receive reimbursement.
The Selection Committee will be appointed by the Regional President and will be comprised of three members of the Northeast Region.